What's new

First time with new Proraso green pre shave

I am visiting some friends in Italy, and I decided to try the new Proraso formula (called Super Formula) pre shave cream. Here are my findings

1- it’s slightly more expensive than the previous formula (a few dozen cents) here in Italy (€3.49 in a large super market)

2- it’s slightly more concentrated than the previous formula. I used the typical amount and felt it spread more easily and was a bit too much

3- I loved the new packaging. Stylish glass pot with a vintage look

4- other than that, it’s the same great ol’ Proraso

I also opened a tub of the new Proraso green shaving soap. It also looked a bit more concentrated (read it dense) than the previous formula, but otherwise identical. I couldn’t notice a difference in packaging

Do you think you’d be able to tell the difference in a side by side comparison between regular Proraso and the new “Super Formula” regarding:

- Scent
- Latherability (if this isn’t a word, it is now.)
- Face glide or protection the cream offers

Or is it pretty much the same ol’? Not that I’d mind. I love Proraso.

Do you think you’d be able to tell the difference in a side by side comparison between regular Proraso and the new “Super Formula” regarding:

- Scent
- Latherability (if this isn’t a word, it is now.)
- Face glide or protection the cream offers

Or is it pretty much the same ol’? Not that I’d mind. I love Proraso.

Scent = identical

Latherability: new one feels slightly creamier and denser, spreading more easily

Face glide / protection: identical. I shaved with Cella, so the slickness and protection were already at the highest level possible that would be hard to tell the difference given by the preshave

If you love Proraso then you will love the new one. If you dislike it, I don’t see how you could like the new one,,

Thank you for sharing your impressions of the new Proraso line. 👏

PS - perhaps the soap in the tub is still the current formula, but they are waiting to sell out old stock before the new hits the shelves.

Thank you for sharing your impressions of the new Proraso line. 👏

PS - perhaps the soap in the tub is still the current formula, but they are waiting to sell out old stock before the new hits the shelves.

It was the new formula (the package says Super Formula)

I can't wait to try the new formulation, and the shave cream too. The previous formulation is so good I have been using is not only as a pre-shave but additionally as a topical ointment for blemishes, cold sores, and those pesky Pili multigemini. Top notch stuff Proraso Green pre-shave is!

I was happy to see they are making a Blue Pre-shave. I with they would make a splash as well. I don't use balms, living in South Florida. It's usually balmy enough here! I did use them in the winters in Ohio, though.

I am visiting some friends in Italy, and I decided to try the new Proraso formula (called Super Formula) pre shave cream. Here are my findings

1- it’s slightly more expensive than the previous formula (a few dozen cents) here in Italy (€3.49 in a large super market)

2- it’s slightly more concentrated than the previous formula. I used the typical amount and felt it spread more easily and was a bit too much

3- I loved the new packaging. Stylish glass pot with a vintage look

4- other than that, it’s the same great ol’ Proraso

I also opened a tub of the new Proraso green shaving soap. It also looked a bit more concentrated (read it dense) than the previous formula, but otherwise identical. I couldn’t notice a difference in packaging
I think the new formula is the single blade professional line rescented and repakaged.The way you describe it sounds exactly like that ....its a superb shave soap....try it.The scents are great!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom