What's new

First time with a SE

My first ever shave with a single edge. I used my Schick type E and a new schick injector blade. I am very surprised at how comfortable and how effective the razor is. Very tempted to make this my daily driver. The drawback is the cost, almost $6.00 for 7 blades.
20180818_155206.jpg

Last edited:
Had my first SE shave a couple of weeks ago with an Ever Ready 1912/Gem PTFE blade. It went very well, not sure I'll shell out for more blades until I have a few more goes.

I buy the injector blades on Amazon. 28 blades (four packs) for $20. Plus, I get at least 10 shaves from a blade - many more shaves than I get on DE blades.

I only use the Schick Proline P blade in my AC razor, they're the best. They have a Proline B injector blade, I've never used them, but I've heard they're good, probably the same as the AC only not as wide. They are cheaper, especially if you get them from Japan. They don't have a key, so you will have to load the blades into a cartridge with a key and then into the injector.

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/berryscosme/item/schickprolineb20/

Pick small packet shipping if it's available.

My first ever shave with a single edge. I used my Schick type E and a new schick injector blade. I am very surprised at how comfortable and how effective the razor is. Very tempted to make this my daily driver. The drawback is the cost, almost $6.00 for 7 blades.
View attachment 905673
No expert here, but that appears to be a Type G. The Type E's have a "butterscotch" Bakelite Catalin handle.

Like others have said, the blades last a long time. I try to keep the razor clean between uses.

Top Bottom