What's new

First Time w/ Merkur 23C

Okay guys, so I finally got a DE razor, I have had the soap and brush for awhile and I feel confident in building lather. Now using the razor was a bit different for me. Now to put the blade in the razor unscrews from the top, then you tighten it back down, but when its all the way down tighten I dont feel as if it was cutting my hair, so I loosened it up a bit and it work fine, but the head seems to move. What am I doing wrong guys? help me out.

You dont want the cap loose. It may seem like nothing is being cut , but keep working on your form. remember beard reduction..Good luck
P.S What blades are you using

You have the bottom plate on upside down. It should be slightly sloping with indented grooves. The blade should not sit flat as upon a window ledge.

Did the same thing myself on my first de shave.

You have the bottom plate on upside down. It should be slightly sloping with indented grooves. The blade should not sit flat as upon a window ledge.

Did the same thing myself on my first de shave.
You were absolutley right, I feel like a jack ***! it was upside down, thanks for the information!!!

You dont want the cap loose. It may seem like nothing is being cut , but keep working on your form. remember beard reduction..Good luck
P.S What blades are you using
I am using Merkur Blades, I didnt opt to buy extra blades as of yet, since I dont know which ones would be pratical or best for my use, especially as a daily shaver (military).

I am using Merkur Blades, I didnt opt to buy extra blades as of yet, since I dont know which ones would be pratical or best for my use, especially as a daily shaver (military).

Don't get discouraged by the Merkur blades. I finally tried the one that came with my 23C and threw it away half way through the first pass. Get a sampler pack from West Coast shaving. The red pack (israeli) personnas have a good reputation as an all around great combo of sharpness/smoothness/value.

Top Bottom