What's new

First Time w/Col. Conk

got a Amazon 4 pack and had first shave with it :)
I love the scent as its not so in your face ! not a fan of the overdone scents that some companies are doing since I have allergies and sensitive skin :)

first shave was OK (which means went well) a few more to dial in since my hard water is a pain to deal with
for the money think this is going to be a great soap in my hunt for just narrowing down to the few I plan on as my main soaps

got a Amazon 4 pack and had first shave with it :)
I love the scent as its not so in your face ! not a fan of the overdone scents that some companies are doing since I have allergies and sensitive skin :)

first shave was OK (which means went well) a few more to dial in since my hard water is a pain to deal with
for the money think this is going to be a great soap in my hunt for just narrowing down to the few I plan on as my main soaps
I thank you for your patronage!

SO today I popped one out of the plastic rubbed on my face as a pre shave and then did a normal bit of brush work on the puck and lather in bowl got way nicer than yesterday
feel like I can dial this one in quickly !
I like to camp a lot and have to say a small bit of this might be my camping setup and rubbing on wet face and working with fingers ! way better than a tube of cream I was planning on for potential mess of creams in tubes so for that alone !
hard water here so that makes a difference on the performance I get out of soaps

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
I have the new version Bay Rum and an older version unscented.

The newer version lathers much more forgivingly, but both let me go to town with their slickness.

Accidentally under-lathered one shave and the feeling afterwards was like I’ve read about from people using expensive soaps only I suffered from a slight loss of slickness instead of a good chunk of money.

I was just going to post this same thing. I enjoyed their soaps early in my shave career. Had a bunch of different Conk soaps. Then moved on to other types of non-glycerin soaps. But one rainy day I got the bug, and grated up a bunch of Conk, Arko stubs and Williams and made a couple of different Frankensoaps. That made for some slick soaps with interesting scents.

Hahaha same here. My Conk Amber is mixed with Williams & Arko scented with Dollar Store Old Spice lol. The lather is pretty decent as well. Glycerin soaps really are not as bad as some people make them out to be, on the contrary they are kind of cool with that translucent effect plus some have cool colors.

used a few times since last post vs others
about 6 months into DE shaving (57yr old) my bio is wrong :)

so far really liking this soap ! again scent is nice and subtle without being harsh
the post part has been very good and dialing in what is working for me as far as performance with hard water is going well :)

not sure what I will end up using the most but this is quickly moving up the short list and can say its a must try 4 nice scents for great deal !!!!

the other speick (spelling?) cream and the Nivea are also doing better than others and the conk and those two being my most recent cremes/soaps and the best performing :)

Another update a few more shaves and yeah still climbing up my finalist list I am making !
Seems it should not be its cheap its nice and have to say not trendy but is popular so its available (hope that makes sense) ? But hey its working for me really well with the hardwater here which a few have failed
post shave has been great

to the conks :) I do have a question what is the best way to melt it into another larger container Was thinking of just microwaving on low a bit or ?

what is the best way to melt it into another larger container Was thinking of just microwaving on low a bit or ?
Be careful if microwaving; too much head will damage the soap.

I melt it by putting a pot on to boil water. I put the puck in a measuring cup and submerge the bottom portion of the measuring cup into the water and stir the soap until completely melted. Then quickly pour into the container of choice.

Be careful if microwaving; too much head will damage the soap.

I melt it by putting a pot on to boil water. I put the puck in a measuring cup and submerge the bottom portion of the measuring cup into the water and stir the soap until completely melted. Then quickly pour into the container of choice.
ahh yeah double boiler sounds good idea and would work :)
slap my forehead moment :) hahahahaha

I was thinking if I did micro would be the on low and a bit and wait and a bit and wait super slow but was a bit worried about frying parts as micros can do ! :)

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
My process is: 8-10 sec burst on about 50-70% power, then stir; repeat as needed. Once it starts to melt, you're done.

My process is: 8-10 sec burst on about 50-70% power, then stir; repeat as needed. Once it starts to melt, you're done.
Exactly this. This is precisely how I tell people to do it. This keeps the heat to a minimum and minimizes the chances of cooking off ingredients. The double-boil method is recommended but this way also works in a pinch.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The Col Conk Unscented is fast becoming my favorite soap and I‘ll be sad to reach the end of it. I think I like it even more than ARKO! for some reason. I have to retry the Bay Rum with the ”a little more soap and a lot more water method that makes the other two soaps precious gems. And then the lime, amber, and almond scents…

The Col Conk Unscented is fast becoming my favorite soap and I‘ll be sad to reach the end of it. I think I like it even more than ARKO! for some reason. I have to retry the Bay Rum with the ”a little more soap and a lot more water method that makes the other two soaps precious gems. And then the lime, amber, and almond scents…
Awesome! I am so glad to hear that you are enjoying it!

Been using Conk soaps for years. The glycerin soaps make my skin feel great afterwards.
I seem to get the best result from blooming the soap, then using the bloom water as a preshave.
I also have an old bottle of the lime aftershave. Gives a good burn, and I love that scent!
Saw your name pop up yesterday :) newish here to my daughter has pet rats so the name caught my eye :) hahahaha
good name :)

Been using Conk soaps for years. The glycerin soaps make my skin feel great afterwards.
I seem to get the best result from blooming the soap, then using the bloom water as a preshave.
I also have an old bottle of the lime aftershave. Gives a good burn, and I love that scent!
Thank you for your patronage and your kind words.

Top Bottom