What's new

First time using TOBS Mr Taylor

Hi guys

First time using TOBS Mr Taylor.

Ive been a longterm fan of Proraso green and recently morfose clear............... Never Again!!!!

Have fallen in love with this stuff.

Best sh*t ever!!!

Literally makes you love shaving!

mr taylor is a nice part of TOBS lineup.
i think i got my travel tube on promo at the TOBS Jermyn St. shop, buy 3 get another 2 free, or something akin.

mr taylor art of shaving dovo trumper skye dr harris windsor may 17 2017.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Another one that I am yet to use. I need to get out more. Thanks for sharing.

I agree with Mr. Taylor being amazing. I've tried Triumph and Disaster (Which I'm using right now) Art of shaving, L'Occitane and I keep coming back to TOBS. For me it's the best cream I've used and an amazing scent. I also got the after shave splash and absolutely love it.

TOBS Mr Taylor is one of the only creams I have ever run out of and ordered another.

When I finally packed that one away, it too, was almost empty!

I caught a tube of Mr. Taylor at a nice price on Amazon a few years back. It's a good performer and when I'm in the mood for that scent I pull it out though it's never attracted me as a daily driver. I like it as a 'reward' :)

One of the best cologne-type scents and a great performer. I use the tub now with a Ted Baker London puck in there, but there's not much Mr. Taylor cream left in it. ;) Maybe I should buy some more.

Out of curiosity how are you getting along with that cream?
I like the smell... although it's a bit medicinal it's kinda fresh... but the first few times I added too much water... and I used a bowl, it might be better off with less water and maybe face lathering (haven't tried that)

And one thing I forgot to mention... so far I haven't been able to lather a rich, creamy lather... it's always a bit thin

Yeah that's been pretty much my experience also. I like the scent a lot but have so far struggled to find the creams sweet spot for producing good lather, assuming it has one.

For the most part I'm a Proraso devotee, but 5 years ago I got TOBS' Sandalwood, along with Mr. Taylor's, and preferred the latter of the 2. Nice scent, but didn't always find it the most agreeable for my face.

I was never good at describing scents. As much as I like to experiment and try new creams, Mr Taylor is one I would always go back to. It just has this old school classic scent to it that will never go out of style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have tried a few TOBS creams, but Mr Taylor was my favourite by far. I only stopped using it as my daily shave cream because I found a couple of creams/soaps that were slightly cheaper whilst performing as well.

I really disliked Mr Taylors and found it to be a poor mans mix of cedarwood and sandalwood. Glad you enjoyed it though, such is the benefit to having a range of scents in TOBS. Performance is always going to be great and you can pick whatever scent you like!

TOBS is a great brand. I liked just about every one I tried except for Sandalwood.
I know it is popular with many people, but
It was a big turn off for me.

I have tried Almond, Coconut, Elton College, St James, Jermyn St, and of course Mr Taylor. Mr Taylor is something special to me and I think I bought it 3 times already. I’ve only been wet shaving for 6 years and have tried many different creams, but I keep wanting to go back to this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom