What's new

First time using my SOC Mistura

I just got my SOC Mistura brush in today. (Badger & Boar) I am so impressed with this brush. It's not even broken in yet and I love it's performance. This one is definitely a keeper. It is fantastic. Worth every penny.

SOC Mistura.jpg

This brush has a different but nice feel to it. The boar/badger combo is unique in feel and performance.
If anyone is thinking about getting it but can't decide, I say go for it. You won't be sorry.

Can anyone compare the face feel this brush to the SOC 2 band badger for face lathering?
The Mistura knot is the same size and uses the same badger hair only at 50% of the total. The other 50% is premium boar hair same as used by the SOC boar. The Mistura feels denser with firmer backbone, seems pleasantly scrubby without being scritchy or harsh. The knot stays under control and does not develop "bed head" like the SOC boar.

Can anyone compare the face feel this brush to the SOC 2 band badger for face lathering?
Backbone is stronger but it is not scritchy. You like using a two band SOC with a higher backbone. Tips is soft. When you use some 5-10 times boar hairs becomes even softer. Soap loading is so easy and it works perfect with hard soaps.

Welcome to the mistura club! They really are great and unique, aren’t they? And a good value for something this good. Everybody who has tried one seems to love them.

Really nice brush. I've the same handle, but it's with a boar knot. Probably will buy one Mistura, with the same cherry color!

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
OK, where's the best place to buy it?

Prices in the US don’t seem to vary that much, so catch a sale if you want a better price. I got my ash wood Mistura from Bullgoose, Phil ships fast. You can get better prices overseas but then shipping costs and shipping times are factors. Still a good option especially if you catch a sale and/or order some other things to get free shipping.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Prices in the US don’t seem to vary that much, so catch a sale if you want a better price. I got my ash wood Mistura from Bullgoose, Phil ships fast. You can get better prices overseas but then shipping costs and shipping times are factors. Still a good option especially if you catch a sale and/or order some other things to get free shipping.
Ordered, thanks.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I'm three shaves in with the Mistura brush and I think it will become a favorite. Nice backbone, maybe just a little too much for me (but I suspect that will abate as it breaks-in). At little bit of scritch at the beginning (which I hate with a passion), but I'm confident that will also be gone after a few more shaves. So you all are forgiven for making me buy another brush I didn't need.

I love the cherry handle. I have an SOC TSN LE boar that is a lovely brush, and the handle in the pictures looks just like the wood handle, only composite. But it's actually smaller and less perfect for me. But being the tough guy I am, I bear up under the strain.

I still enjoy using my Mistura brush but making lather on the soap puck does not come out as well as with my synthetic brushes. I have no problem with my boar brushes for some reason I find it more difficult with this brush. It's probably because I've used a synthetic brush for so long. I just have to get my technique down. I don't get much lather right now.

Received my Mistura with the Taj handle this afternoon. Soaked it for 30 minutes and then made a test lather in a copper bowl. The initial smell is a little off-putting but I washed the brush with some shampoo afterwards and most of the smell is gone. I think I'll make 3-4 more test lathers in the bowl to help break it in.

The first lather with a tiny bit of Arko scraped into the bowl exploded within 15 seconds. Got to a point where ribbons of lather were folding over themselves. Can't wait to get the scritch out and start using it.

Thank you to all the enablers in this thread.

Top Bottom