What's new

First time using a 7/8 Blade

Just picked up an 7/8 Dorko NOS from Ebay.This is my first time using a blade this large.Most of the time I use a 5/8 blade.The shave went wonderful.I thought it would be a little harder to use.But what I found out was that the larger blade cut effortlessly .It was a real pleasure to use.Now I think I may need a few more larger straights.Maybe a 8/8 Wade and Butcher .The Dorko gave great Audible feedback.All I did was 30 passes on Horse Hide Strap then used the blade.Doko did a great job putting an edge on that Razor.:thumbup1:

Regards Mike

$s-l1600.jpg
attachment.php

When I first started straight razor shaving, I was intimidated by larger than 5/8" blades. Then about 100 or so shaves in I tried a 7/8" and I loved it. Been shaving that way pretty regularly ever since.

I'm glad it worked out well for you. I do like how a heavier blade makes it very easy to go with a light touch.

My sniper website was down or that would have been mine. LOL I love big Dorkos. I have several. Congratulations on a great razor score.

Congrats on a nice NOS find, she looks great.

I find myself moving towards bigger and bigger blades. I have two modern production razors in 7/8, an Aust and a Wacker both Spanish points, love them...great weight and good balance imo. I am waiting on my first 8/8, a full hollow Revisor. I hope you continue to enjoy that Dorko.

I love 7/8 blades. Most of my Palmeras are advertised as 7/8, although some call them 15/16...Splitting hairs, I guess. Dorkos are great shavers, too. So, a 7/8 Dorko? That makes a nice morning.

Top Bottom