What's new

First time user Supply SE V2 problems

Hello. A few day ago was my first shave with an SE Razor. I purchased this Supply SE from a member on the BST. It arrived with no blade installed and the two extra adjustment plates. 1 and 3 dots. I replaced the 2 dot for the 3 dot (most aggressive). When I tried one of the injector blades I could not get it to cut at all. Thinking I may have somehow damaged the blade I decided to insert the key and install a new blade pushing the other out. It still would not shave. It was like I was passing the shaver over my face with no blade. I ended up finishing the shave with the 1960 FatBoy DE. So anyway, tonight I decided to experiment. I took a brand new Feather Pro-Guard and measured it to fit and cut it off with a sharp scissor, which worked but was tough to do so I will need to find a better tool to cut off these blades. It worked! Is it possible I received a dud bank of new blades? They came with the razor in a white injector case. I don't understand why this happened and hesitate to buy more blades from Supply. But what a great two pass shave. I mean that was amazing! So smooth. Took a bit to get the angle right but once I figured that out it was clear sailing. I also didn't cut the blade exactly and a bit was hanging over the edge, that I can fix next time. So I have a few questions. 1. I did not like the grip and found it a bit slippery (polish chrome). Has anyone modified this handle in any way to achieve a better grip? 2. What are my blade options? Do I have to buy from Supply? thx

Photos of the blade inserted in to the supply V2 would help.

Though I am sure you have gone through this video, none the less posting again from supply on how to change the blade.

Alum to the fingers helps the grip on the polished chrome.

The angle on it is a bit finicky. It isn’t flat against the face like most SEs and isn’t 30 degrees like most DEs. It’s also not quite the same as the Schick injectors (5-10 degrees). Start with the head flat against your skin, then slowly lower the handle as you take strokes. Between 10-15 degrees it engages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The blades that you have are Personna. I personally don't like them. You should be able to easily find the Chinese Schick at your local drug store or Amazon. They are pretty good. The auction site also sells Japanese Schick blades which are more expensive an a touch sharper. Twin blades won't work in the Supply SE so don't bother with those. There are a number of vintage blades that are really good. I like the Schicks made in Holland, they are really really sharp and last a long time (20+ shaves) then there are ones that have the same package as the Holland Schicks but made in the USA and are equally good.

Been using Supply for a while, the Personna blades seemed very dull and uncomfortable. The regular Schick blades work great for me (7-10 shaves). The handle I have isn't polished but I still find it likes to slip a bit so I dry the handle occasionally.

I have the 1st version, supposedly worse than the V2 performance wise. No problems cutting hair whether on 2 dots or 3 dots plate WITH Personna PTFE blades ( 5 comfortable shaves that can be dragged to 7 shaves)

Top Bottom