What's new

First time GSB!

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
I like GSB. Also Astra SP and SS. Still at the point of trying to discern the differences. I have a variety of blades I’m going through but the GSB has felt great in my razors so far.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
They are among my faves. Shaves #3-7 are outstanding. I often get 10 comfortable shaves out of one of these blades, and I'm not one looking to make a blade last forever. I bought 300 about 4 or 5 years ago and I think I've still got plenty of them left.

They are one of my favorites. Nice easy shaves, long life, what's not to like?

If I'd used these first I might not use anything else. I have a lifetime supply though -- should get around 120 shaves per blade.

Is the consensus that the new single-wrapped, squared-off pip in the I in Gillette Silver Blues the same as the old double-wrapped, round pip GSBs?

I'm getting awful shaves and awful longevity from the latest batch of GSBs I purchased. Could be me.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Is the consensus that the new single-wrapped, squared-off pip in the I in Gillette Silver Blues the same as the old double-wrapped, round pip GSBs?

I'm getting awful shaves and awful longevity from the latest batch of GSBs I purchased. Could be me.
Mine are single wrapped also, and on the side of the tucks has a number ending with 03/12/18, which I assume is the manufactured date. Anyway, I find these to be excellent blades.

I have both the old double wrapped old graphics packaging and the new single wrapped new graphics packaging and they’re the same blades

Top Bottom