What's new

First time aftershave splash use

So I popped in to the small pharmacy in the little town I live in after work today and grabbed a bottle of Nivea sensitive skin aftershave balm, I like this stuff and use it regularly.

I've never bothered to use an aftershave splash before but thought I'd have a look on the shelf while I was in there and see what they had and maybe give one a try just for the heck of it.

Turns out there was a single solitary little bottle on the one shelf which was all the store had, so I threw it on the counter as well and paid for it and was on my way.

I'm now typing this on my phone from bed 4 hours after shaving this evening with the scent of Aqua Velva in my nostrils still : )

It actually wasn't bad, initial sting upon application for a minute or so, but my skin feels great now. I put the balm on afterwards for the moisturizer in it, I think I like the combination. I actually don't mind the smell of the Aqua Velva that much either, though I'm probably now going to look for a few different splashes to try out next time I'm buying shaving supplies online. Perhaps try to find something a bit more subtle. How many here ended up using Aqua Velva as their first aftershave splash? I'm sure there are more than a few.

no flies on my bottle of AV!!

palmira dovo kai aqua velva may 17 2018.jpg

2 of my favorites. Classics.
I like both, the Skin Bracer may be my favorite of the three I have tried to date. Clubman Pinaud probably next unless I stumble across something in a store or pharmacy I want to try when I'm out next. I see Nivea makes splashes, I may try one of them if I see them, big fan of their A.S. balms.

If you have Aqua Velva, Old Spice and Skin Bracer so far, you might as well get the Clubman, Brut and Aqua Velva Musk. You would have all the big dogs in the drugstore aftershave Hall of Fame, and call it good. Yeah, you could call most of us on B&B "enablers". If you are questioned by a certain member of the household, just say "variety is the spice of life".

Nivea sensitive balm seems to pair well with drugstore aftershaves.

Aqua Velva and Nivea sensitive is one of my favorite combos. Gives me a really good post shave feel too.

Other drugstore aftershaves I like are

Pinaud Clubman and Skin Bracer

Nivea sensitive balm seems to pair well with drugstore aftershaves.

Aqua Velva and Nivea sensitive is one of my favorite combos. Gives me a really good post shave feel too.

Other drugstore aftershaves I like are

Pinaud Clubman and Skin Bracer
I'm on the right track, got 'em all except the Clubman, and I may do something about that soon....

Top Bottom