What's new

first synthetic

hi just bought my first synthetic a clubman and was I surprised how good it is for the grand price of £6.50 or in your money $8.20 inclusive . well worth the punt never thought it would be this good though being a ...
s-l640.jpg

Bought a synthetic omega years ago, never a problem great for face lathering too. Probably, $10 off amazon...

I have some great synthetics. The ones from several years ago were absolute rubbish, stiff and prickly. There have been some great technological advances in synthetic shaving knots. I'm getting my first high-priced synthetic in a custom brush. I can't wait to try it out.

First was a Fendrihan, second a WCS, third & fourth two Stirling’s, Fifth a Fine Stout, sixth a Stirling two band, seventh, eighth and ninth were Simpson’s. All are good brushes but I rotate 4 which are my last 4 purchases.

My first synthetic was a Big Bruce that I got last year. It made quick lather but I find it prickly and a bit floppy. Just received the Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo. Cute Spanish name for a Chinese brush. This is quite a step up from the Big Bruce. Fantastic lather producer and very very soft bristles out of the gate with decent backbone!!! Really impressed. The two-tone handle is gorgeous. A steal at $11!!! Kinda makes me feel kinda silly paying uber dollars for Paladin & Simpson brushes???

download.jpg

My first synthetic was a Big Bruce that I got last year. It made quick lather but I find it prickly and a bit floppy. Just received the Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo. Cute Spanish name for a Chinese brush. This is quite a step up from the Big Bruce. Fantastic lather producer and very very soft bristles out of the gate with decent backbone!!! Really impressed. The two-tone handle is gorgeous. A steal at $11!!! Kinda makes me feel kinda silly paying uber dollars for Paladin & Simpson brushes???

View attachment 1124388
That's a beauty:thumbup:

i think its because a synthetic you can make just how you want but a natural you can only work with whats grown and you cant realy change that .

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
i think its because a synthetic you can make just how you want but a natural you can only work with whats grown and you cant realy change that .
The one property I like that they can't seem to give them yet is the ability to absorb water. Some can hold a bit of water, but will also dump the water in an instant. We need synths that absorb water. Either absorptive fibers or perhaps hollow or something.

I do note that Pinuaud has a kit for $25 with a dopp bag, soap and brush. It would make a nice gift along with a razor for someone that was getting into things and needed a good starter set. It sounded like PaulH thought a lot of the soap too.

Might try this one. Thanks for the review . Almost ordered a yaqi synthetic the artic one at WCS, out of stock and AliExpress wants nearly 10 bucks for shipping, plus tax now.

Top Bottom