What's new

First SR shave

Shave #321 (365 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: iKon X3 slant, Personna blade, Yaqi SF synth brush, CBL 50 SoV soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, and Dior Sauvage frag to finish!

Video is up on the Tube - GearNoir’s Shave Log!

Shave #323 (365 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Schick M Adjustable, Supply blade, Yaqi SF synth brush, CBL Money tonsorial soap, witch hazel/aloe blend, Man Dom AS, and Jean Philippe 1 Million clone frag to finish!

Already been up n at em for a couple of hours and already at work. Morning shift...whoop whoop!

Went easy-peasy with the shave today after a warm, wake-the-heck-up shower. The Schick Adjustable glided along the Money tonsorial lather. Easy as a cart, but a heckuv a lot nicer feeling! Topped off with a base of that stiff powder, sandalwood AS that is Man Dom and a few hits of the sweeter, smoother 1 million clone. Wrapped myself up in my shemagh against the morning chill, and was out the door before anyone else had even worked up yet.

Should be an easy shift. Get to do the same tomorrow.

Last night, went through the box-o-junk I was so kindly sent by my TSC buddies. Most of it went straight to the rubbish bin, some of the seemingly more worthy stuff I saved and will figure out to do with. I made the missus take a whiff of the burnt rubber/fecal matter mixture that is Night Music...she said it just smelled like soap, neither bad nor good...true story. 🤮

Have a great Tuesday all!

Shave #324 (365 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: RR GC .68, Astra SP blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, SS Citrus & Bay soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Bootlegger’s Bay Rum AS, and Rosemary/Cinnamon/Lime EO to finish!

Been up and at em early again for another morning shift. Last scheduled one for now, but it’s been nice!

Swapped the Schick for the .68 GC and slathered on all the Bay Rum-ish goodies. Topped it off with some extra zing from Bootlegger’s and generous spritzes of Rosemary/Cinnamon/Lime EO.

Let the dogs out as is my morning habit, right before I head out the door...and wouldn’t you know it when they scamper back inside after their business, I get a gnarly whiff of Night Musi-...I mean fecal matter. Darn it! The older pooch stepped in something’s something while wandering around out in the dark. So the rest of what free time I had in the morning was chasing her around, cleaning up her poo prints and washing off her paw...lol.

Anyway, happy Wednesday all!

Shave #325 (366 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, Gillette Fatboy, Astra SP blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, JoHS Turkish Bath soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Skin Bracer AS, and ADG Absolut Instinct to finish!

No dogs stepping in poo this morning thankfully, but it is back to the normal evening shift routine. Good because I got some sleep, bad because...well, it’s evening shift. Day has got it so easy!

Going to be a busy work weekend due to multiple events going on, including a big memorial service and Run To Feed The Hungry setting up their team/packet pickup at our campus. This will be our second year hosting RTFTH I think, which is huge! From Saturday through Thanksgiving afternoon tens of thousands of people will be streaming through the campus. It’s super chaotic from the service standpoint, but a really great event!

Off to a doctor’s check up in a bit, first in many years if I’m being honest. Only reason I’m really even going in is so that I can get a referral to an optometrist because I want a new pair of prescription glasses and sunglasses. I’ve had my current pairs since high school...lol! Anyway, the doc’s gotta get his visit payment I guess...referrals aren’t free anymore here. That’s what happens when the system gets abused too much.

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #326 (367 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, Schick M Adjustable, Supply blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, Proraso Red soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Proraso Red AS, and Greet Aventus clone frag to finish!

The weekend is upon us...here we go!

Up at a reasonable hour to do a couple household chores before the shave. To be honest, I hate getting chores like dishes or washing the dogs dropped on my lap too soon after a shave...cause then all that wonderful scent from what I used is gone off my skin.

Anyway, good shave today, adding one more notch under the open blade belt. For a moment I thought about daily open blade shaves through the new year, to reach 400...but that probably won’t happen.

Headed out soon to pick up a vendor product for my wife for the church coffee bar, then to get the two younger kids who’ve had minimum days all week, then in to work an hour earlier than usual.

Have a great Friday all!

Shave #327 (368 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, Schick M Adjustable, Supply blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, CBL Bingo Bomb soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, and Paul Sebastian AS to finish!

Low key morning with the family. Nice shower n shave to kick it off.

Normal late night shift for work. Today is the first official day of RTFTH packet handouts to teams and individuals. Once they’re done and an afternoon memorial finishes up, it’s time to set up for services.

Looks like the Thanksgiving week schedule will be 2 off, 2 on, 2 off, 1 on starting tomorrow. I’m ready for it!

Have a great Saturday all!

Shave #328 (368 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: RR GC .68, Astra SP blade, Sorrentino TSC 1st Anniversary badger brush, CBL Oud Minerale soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Lucky Tiger AS, and TF Oud Minerale to finish!

Finally! The shave I’ve been waiting for all week!

Finished work strong last night, only had to stay a little bit longer than expected. The shower n shave was a welcome refresher this morning. Let the badger soak in warmed while showering. When I was ready to go, just a gentle squeeze and shake out. CBL Oud Minerale loaded up in like 5 seconds flat. Built up enough lather for a solid 3 passes plus lather soak (which looked like I could have done another 2 passes), I need to mix it up since there’s quite a bit of oils showing in the pockets of the bottom of the tub...but really, with the GC whipping about and the Minerale scent, the shave was sublime.

Post shave I gave myself some generous pumps of my TF sample with an extra on top of my shirt. I was worried initially, it came out alcohol-y and strange smelling. It quickly morphed into a light aquatic...and seemed to almost disappear. After about 15 minutes, it popped back up out of nowhere, projection and all, into that nice salty, oceanic breeze scent we all know so well from Chris’ soap. Hoping it’s all all-day-er for longevity on me, because I’m loving it!

Services this morning, then a chill day at home with the family. Kids have this week off...that should prove interesting...

Have a blessed Sunday all!

Shave #329 (369 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding shavette, Feather Pro blade, RR GC .68, Astra SP blade, Sorrentino TSC 1st Anniversary badger brush, Clown Puke tub soap, aloe/witch hazel/Osage mix, and Ferragamo Uomo frag to finish!

Shave #330 (370 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding shavette, Feather Pro blade, RR GC .68, Astra SP blade, Yaqi SF synth brush, CBL Money tonsorial soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Lucky Tiger, Lavender/Roman Chamomile/Tangerine EO, and MK Cityscape frag to finish!

Chill morning - lazy wake up, shower, n shave. Hanging out with the boys this morning while the missus is at work. Then we pull the old switcheroo and I work/she comes home. Hopefully an easy week!

Shave #331 (371 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding shavette, Feather Pro blade, RR GC .68, Astra SP blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, CBL SIR Fougere tonsorial soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Pitralon Classic, and Master Jade AS to finish!

Everyone slept in a bit, then the missus and I snuck out for our date morning to coffee. I came back home while she scooted off to work to finish some things up before the long holiday weekend.

Just some freshening up and a first class shave enabled by CBL SIR Fougere! Three passes with multiple layers of AS slapped on afterward. Smelling good, feeling good!

In a bit early today I work, to hopefully get out a bit early. Not a ton going on besides packet pick ups for the run and choir practices. Also a big alternative Christmas market to prep for this weekend.

Off to it! Have a great Wednesday all!

Shave #332 (372 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding shavette, Feather Pro blade, RR GC .68, Wizamet blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, CBL Cherry Blossom & Bamboo soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Lucky Tiger, and Terre D’Hermes frag to finish!

Woke up, read some shave entries and had an inspired shave experience this morning!

Got off almost on time last night. Had to do a little extra spit shine to have things ready for this morning.

Today is the big day for Run To Feed The Hungry. The missus had to go brave the street shut downs and crowds to open the coffee bar on campus. I did my duty over the last week, so I got to stay home with the kids.

Woke up just before 9, after some tossing and turning. Cleaned out the Feather and GC, popped in a new Feather Pro (the last of my very first pack surprisingly) and decided to give these Super Iridiums (Wizamets?) a try from the pass box. The shave is always a little edge of the seat with a new Feather in the shavette, but I got through two smooth passes without incident. The Wizamet in the GC .68 reminds me a lot of GSB, one of my favorite blades (also fairly expensive); it was smooth, sharp, and fairly comfortable. I’ll be interested to see how long it holds up!

Finishing some overnight packing now. Once the missus gets home, everything gets loaded into the truck and we’re off to visit both sets of grandparents and other family.

Have a great Thursday all and Happy Thanksgiving!

Shave #333 (372 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Gillette Trac II on Conl Conk handle, Yaqi SF synth brush, CBL Money tonsorial soap, witch hazel/aloe/Osage mix, and Creed Aventus cologne frag to finish!

Another successful T-day is done! Good time with family and tons of good food...and of course plenty of homemade pumpkin pie and apple pie!

Slept in a little, then got up for the refresh n shave. I’m on the travel kit today so that means the Trac II. It was a little grabby this time around, but I made it through 3 passes with CBL Money tonsorial to aid me. Finished up with some witch hazel/aloe blend and a couple spritzes of Creed Aventus cologne...excellence!

Visiting my parents this afternoon, then heading home to settle in for the weekend. Otherwise trying to practice some self-control with all the Black Friday deals flyin around, lol.

Have a great Friday all!

Shave #334 (373 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, RR GC .68, Wizamet blade, Yaqi SF synth brush, CBL ROS soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Lucky Tiger, and Dior Sauvage frag to finish!

Got home safely late yesterday evening. Unloaded everything and had a chill rest of the night. Slept in late!

When I did get up, it was straight to clean up and shave. Out the door now to finish up the “work week” early and get the campus prepped for services tomorrow. Dreading what I’m going to find left undone from Thursday’s Run event...

Have a great day after the day after today!

Shave #335 (373 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: RR GC .68, Wizamet blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, CBL BINGO BOMB soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Fine Platinum, and Fine Platinum EdT to finish!

Managed to get everything back to an acceptable level of readiness at work and not be out too late...somehow. It sucks being the reliable one sometimes.

Up a bit early today for a shower n shave. Doing something a bit different this morning during the first service time, I’m helping the high school group with their morning study. Today is not only the 1st day of December, it’s also the 4th Sunday before Christmas, meaning the start of the Advent season. That’s what they’ll be studying the next few weeks and I help kick it off today.

Other than that, should be a chill day. Not much else to do other than stay home. It started raining last night and hasn’t stopped yet; it’s supposed to rain all week. We need it!

Shave #336 (373 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Gillette Trac II head on Ichabod handle, Gillette Foamy canned soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Skin Bracer, and Czech & Speake Frankincense & Myrrh frag to finish!

Shave #337 (374 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, RR GC .68, Wizamet blade, SS Citrus & Bay soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Bootlegger’s Bay Rum AS, and Stirling Glastonbury frag to finish!

Yep, back to life, back to reality and a new work week.

Up and showered n shaved for the new day. Ol’ reliable combo, 2 passes Feather, and 1 + touch ups with the GC. Normally I like to start the week out with some fresher scents, but I just felt like bay rum today.

Half way through my cup of joe added a little egg nog to spice it up some.

Christmas Concerts are Fri-Sun evenings this week, plus their before hand practices and prep...so I’ve got some late nights comin up toward the end of the week.

Shave #339 (376 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, RR GC .68, Wizamet blade, CBL 50 Shades of Vetiver soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Speick AS, and Frankincense & Sandalwood EO to finish!

Nice shower n shave this morning. A bit groggy; had a late night waiting up with the missus after my shift, while she finished up some schoolwork. Rounding out the time this morning with a coffee and some leftover T-day pie.

Final prep and practices for the Christmas Concerts at the campus today. Next three nights are the real deal and late nights.

Have a great Thursday all!

Shave #340 (376 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: iKon X3 slant, Astra SP blade, CBL Fresh Vetiver soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Lucky Tiger AS, and Lavender/Roman Chamomile/Tangerine EO to finish!

Up a tad earlier than normal. Going out to an appointment this morning in an official chaplain capacity. No indication as to why this person requested a visit...probably just wants to talk for a bit.

The call is to an older member’s home, so kept with lightly scented products. Brought out the X3 because it was looking lonely. Whipped up a nice lather and made quick work of the shave. I’ll definitely be spritzing some type of frag on later, before work.

First night of the Christmas Concert. No early closings for me this weekend.

Have a great Friday all!

Shave #341 (377 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, Schick M Adjustable Injector, Personna/Supply blade, CBL Money tonsorial soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Speick AS, and Pinaud Citrus Musk cologne to finish!

Lazy Saturday morning with the family.

Nice shower n shave after wake up. The blades were a little rough. Had to break out the alum block which I haven’t had to do in a while. Tomorrow I think I’ll just stick to the GC. Super fresh scent combo though...lovin it!

Sitting down to enjoy the rest of the morning, nice fresh cup of coffee over an oz of egg nog, and some games with the kids before the late shift.

Have a great Saturday all!

Shave #341 (377 Open Blade Shaves) of 2019:

Gear: RR Game Changer .68, Wizamet blade, SV 70th Anniversary soap, Sorrentino TSC 1st Anniversary badger brushgeneric witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, SV 70th AS, and Guerlain Vetiver to finish!

My team busted arse last night cleaning up things after the concert for this morning, and I got home before midnight! It was great!

We’re all exhausted from the late nights the last 3 days, so we’re just heading to second service. Plus the CIM is on today with some major roads blocked till this afternoon. It’s a rat maze.

Woke up and showered and shaved though. Powerhouse combo today with 3 smooth GC passes. Easy and way more comfortable BBS than yesterday.

After church is pretty chill. The boys and I get to attend the final Christmas concert tonight since I’m not working. Should be a good day!

Top Bottom