What's new

First SR shave

Shave #10 (397 Open Blade Shaves) of 2020:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, RR GC .68, Astra SP blade, RR Big Bruce synth brush, LNHC Coconut Oud soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, and RR The Stallion AS to finish!

Well, magically supposed to have 2 deliveries now today, but the postman can’t always be relied on to drop packages off earlier in the day, so I went ahead with the Noir combo.

Pulled out LNHC Coconut Oud from the deepest recesses of my soap drawer. The good news is that it didn’t start regenerating; it’s right we’re I left off, with a sizable bit of laylight showing through the center. It’s been many months since I’ve used either it or the usual accompanying AS of The Stallion. Shave was good, only one near disastrous touchdown with the Feather, thankfully I was able to reverse gears quick enough to avoid massive damage. Otherwise I’m exuding oud today. The Stallion is near cologne strength, and it’s delicious!

Hoping to finish up my 400th open blade shave on Monday’s video, where I’ll do a ceremonial passing of the shave torch with my new thing, which if all goes well, I’ll be playing with for a while!

As for the rest of life, I’m spared Friday/Saturday Upward games for one more week. Still some late evening things going on, but cleanup won’t be too bad!

My eldest sons are going to their youth group’s Nerf battle tonight. They basically get the entire gymnasium complex to run around, hide, and let some testosterone work itself out. Should be fun to stop by and watch. I’m sure we’ll be finding lost Nerf darts for many months to come.

Have a great Friday all!

Shave 10# of 2020 tonight. Parker srw with perma sharp super half de blade, omega 10066 boar brush, yardley cocoa butter bar soap, in a glass soap dish, cold water, no pre or post shave routine. Soak brush in dish for a minute or two, then lather on dry face, one pass plus touch up on chin. No cuts,nicks or weepers. A nice smooth shave to start the week end. My nightly minimalist shave.

Shave #12 (399 Open Blade Shaves) of 2020:

Gear: 🤫

Up a bit early to get to services. The missus has some responsibilities to attend to.

As usual, I’m the first one up Sunday morning. Getting in that start of the day refresher and shave. Decided to go with the AOS Bourbon/ADG Absolu Instinct combo...good decision.:cool:

A couple chores to bust out this evening, some family time, and a teaching to get the jump on for Thursday (Nahum 2).

I have decided that after tomorrow’s 400th open blade entry, it’s time to call it quits on the journal here. Most of what needed to be said and recorded has been done.

Have a blessed Sunday all!

12th shave of 2020 tonight, Parker srw with a Kai half de blade, same boar brush and yardley bar soap with cold water. The Kai blade took two passes to get the same results as perma sharp super, shark ss ,polsilver, gillette sharp edge (yellow) gillette silver blue. So much for Kai being very sharp, very surprised.

Shave #13 (400 Open Blade Shaves) of 2020:

Gear: Feather AC SS folding, Feather Pro blade, Blackland Vector, Feather Pro blade, Yaqi SF synth brush, CBL Barbershop soap, generic witch hazel, Thayer’s Medicated, Skin Bracer AS, and Guerlain Vetiver to finish!

Final entry to this journal, though it will be tracked elsewhere.

Video is up on the Tube - GearNoir’s Shave Log! Stay tuned after the shave...for doggies!

Shave 14 of 2020 Parker srw omega boar 10066, cold water, yardley bar soap. Rapira Swedish supersteel half de blade. I must say this blade is the smoothest and the closest shave since using a Shavette.

Top Bottom