What's new

First Soap Commander Order: Fortitude, Gratitude, Honor and Inspiration

I received my first order of soaps from Soap Commander recently.

The scents were surprising to me. I expected to like Honor and hoped I would like the rest. But the availability of a barbershop scent from Soap Commander is what made me pull the trigger on the order.

Fortitude - There is a bit of a sweet smell to this, which I think is meant to be the tobacco. It doesn't smell like tobacco to me, or hay, or rum. But I think it smells absolutely great.

Gratitude - I was surprised that this came in a 3oz container, I didn't notice that when I was ordering. It's even more unfortunate that this is the stand out scent for me. It's simply amazing. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it makes me think of Christmas. I love it.

Honor
- Very subtle and what's there is nice, powdery and clean, but it's a bit underwhelming. For me, it's way down from Stirling and Mystic Water in scent, so a bit disappointing in that respect.

Inspiration - I was surprised to find out, after using Italian Barber Amici, that I like grapefruit scents. I now have a few of them (including ToBS and Stirling). This one is pretty much inline with Stirling. Neither SC or Stirling are as powerful as the scent from ToBS, but are a bit closer to an actual grapefruit than Amici.

After a few shaves, I'd say the performance is good: good slickness, good protection, lathers up nicely. I don't think it's outstanding in any category except for a couple of the scents as mentioned. Still, I'm pretty happy because of the unexpected scents of Gratitude and Fortitude.

P.S. I didn't notice until now that the soaps in my order start with consecutive letters in the alphabet. :blush:

Excellent timing with this thread. I was just eying a couple of those myself. Trying to do searches for scent feedback wasn't turning up much. I guess Soap Commander isn't getting as much love these days. I only have one of theirs (Thanksliving) and decided it was time to add another to my soap pile.

It seems Maggards doesn't pick up the seasonal scents. That's a shame, as I'd rather toss one in an order there than take the $7 shipping hit from the vendor website.

Great reviews, love me some Soap Commander. I'm disappointed to hear that the scent of Honor isn't stout. Thats not the first time I've heard that either so that kinda sucks. You've about got me talked into Gratitude however.

To the poster who missed out on Serenity - The soap is now available on the website. Hoping that there will be some Serenity left for the post-Thanksgiving sale!

I have three Soap Commander scents: Passion, Endurance and Respect. They have always been excellent performers for me. Great lather, slickness and cushion. Can't complain at all.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Nice write-up.

Remember the Soap Commander sampler, too ... "all nine."

I couldn't decide on a scent to try, past the Sweet Tea, so got the sampler.

Wish I could shave more than once a day- haven't tried ANY of them yet! (except the Tea. Loving that one).

AA

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wanting to try the Inspiration line, in particular the balm. To my surprise, I discovered that it's no longer listed on the website.
Darren at Soap Commander responded quickly to my inquiry. Inspiration has in fact been discontinued but they'll be bringing it back in the spring as a smaller limited edition.

Lots of great soaps out there today, but out of my 75 or soaps and creams, Soap Commander remains in my top 5. Great choices. Hope you enjoy.

I went by the local shop today and smelled the entire soap commander line. Absolutely loved the Passion and the Barbershop. Bought the Passion, but Barbershop was a very, very close second. Very manly smelling without the usual talc scent. I really loved them both and will pick of the BS next time.

I usually have a problem with artisan soap smells, but these two smelled great. I haven't used it yet but if it works as good as advertised I'll be a happy shaver.

Last edited:
Well, I used the Passion this morning. It wasn't a bad shave but it's not going to knock the Fat or Prov Sante out of number 1. I felt it lacked the slickness of my other favorites. I had quite a few weepers. I'll keep using it to make sure I'm not short selling it though.

Top Bottom