What's new

First slant suggestions?

My Yaqi slant head arrived from AliExpress a couple days ago. I'm gonna give it a (careful) try this week and see how it goes. That will be my first experimentation with slants and I'll take it from there to see if slants are for me.

My Yaqi slant head arrived from AliExpress a couple days ago. I'm gonna give it a (careful) try this week and see how it goes. That will be my first experimentation with slants and I'll take it from there to see if slants are for me.
Don't take this Yaqi for a general rule with slants.

Slants like Merkur 37c / 39c are quite permissive and indeed protects you from nicks and cuts even if you are not careful. They allow you to get an efficient shave in a 1 minute with a single pass if you do desire.

Actually I think these slants above should be recommended as firt DE razor more often, as they are so efficient, safe and works well with almost all blades. I have a lot of Supermax Stainless that I can only use in slants, as they are so bad in other razors.

Yaqi Slant is a completely different blood thirst beast. The only thing in common is that it is a razor with slanted blade. Nothing else.

Last edited:
The only thing I dislike in the 37C is that it seems to sharpen the whiskers (my other slants don't), it can be felt on the 2nd day after the shave.
I feel the same way

Of all the razors in hand, only 37c has this condition (FCCS, FOCS, RR G37 also don't have this condition)

I thought it was my gesture angle.

I’ve recently considered a slant razor. Can someone please compare the shave, let’s say between a Merkur 37 slant and a Muhle 41 razor????
I have a RazoRock Wunderbar Slant and I can stay that it shaves EXACTLY as close as my R41 and R41GS, but feels much more comfortable doing it. The downside is the big and heavy head.

I’m Cranky James and I want a slant!

Rather than start a new thread I’ve been absorbing the good info provided here and I’m ready to make my move.

I’m going with the Merkur 37C. My best performing razor is my Merkur 34C HD so it seems like the logical choice. Not to mention the great reviews here. I also feel like this purchase may be the one that finally makes me complete. 🙃

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I’m Cranky James and I want a slant!

Rather than start a new thread I’ve been absorbing the good info provided here and I’m ready to make my move.

I’m going with the Merkur 37C. My best performing razor is my Merkur 34C HD so it seems like the logical choice. Not to mention the great reviews here. I also feel like this purchase may be the one that finally makes me complete. 🙃
It's an awesome razor. If you let it, it could EASILY be your last razor purchase.

But, that is NOT the way of Badger and Blade my friend! You already knew that though, didn't you?!

FarmerTan

I have the 39C and like it a lot, now if only my hair would grow faster!
Oh, my friend, it will. Before you know it, you will be 60, your son will be taller and even more incredibly handsome than you are, and going to bed is the best part of your day, ........ and your 5 o'clock shadow is all white or grey and actually NEEDS to be shaved off every 20ish hours or so.

And you'll look at the old man in the mirror and say, "Hi, Dad!" before you realize that God has an incredible sense of humor.

Oh, my friend, it will. Before you know it, you will be 60, your son will be taller and even more incredibly handsome than you are, and going to bed is the best part of your day, ........ and your 5 o'clock shadow is all white or grey and actually NEEDS to be shaved off every 20ish hours or so.

And you'll look at the old man in the mirror and say, "Hi, Dad!" before you realize that God has an incredible sense of humor.
I'm halfway there, unfortunately facial hair does not run in my family. It would likely take me six months to grow facial hair equivalent to what most will have in a few days. Nose and Eyebrow hairs on the other hand.. quite robust in my family. :lol:

FarmerTan

I'm halfway there, unfortunately facial hair does not run in my family. It would likely take me six months to grow facial hair equivalent to what most will have in a few days. Nose and Eyebrow hairs on the other hand.. quite robust in my family. :lol:
My beard has gone crazy in the "filling in" department since I hit 55 or so. Not much worse in the ear and nose hair department tho. But those are now turning white! My son is much like my dad, sparse beard. My Dad didn't get a wrinkle in his face before he was 75! Genetics is crazy stuff my friend!

I had posted back in May that I had purchased a Yaqi aggressive slant. I actually got good results in the few shaves I had with it. But it required a lot of slow hand shaving to avoid any accidents. I've since sold it! I have acquired and used a Fatip OC slant and despite doing a good job, I find the Classic Fatip OC to be superior. I get a smoother and close shave with the regular OC!
I have the closed comb slant version of the Fatip on the way and will experiment with that one as well. But so far my slant experiences have been OK but nothing spectacular as compared to my OC & SB razors.

FarmerTan

I had posted back in May that I had purchased a Yaqi aggressive slant. I actually got good results in the few shaves I had with it. But it required a lot of slow hand shaving to avoid any accidents. I've since sold it! I have acquired and used a Fatip OC slant and despite doing a good job, I find the Classic Fatip OC to be superior. I get a smoother and close shave with the regular OC!
I have the closed comb slant version of the Fatip on the way and will experiment with that one as well. But so far my slant experiences have been OK but nothing spectacular as compared to my OC & SB razors.
The Razorock German 37 Slant is a freaky good razor, especially for the cost (at least when I bought it?)

The issue is that you still did not get THE RIGHT SLANT.

Yaqi slant is a beast completely out of "normal" curve.

Fatip slant, meh, the only razor until today that didn't give me a decent shave.

Go for a Merkur, you will love it. Then you will want to go to Parker and maybe, just to get another one, Razorock German ($ 25).

C'mon, you know the history. Just another few bucks spent won't kill you. I promise you won't be addicted.

Top Bottom