What's new

First Shavette shave

Got a Parker shavette and used it for the first time today

It was a little easier than my attempts with SRs

Don’t think SR or shavettes will become my normal shave but it’s nice to change things up every now and then
Congrats!! What blade did you use? Blade choice can have a profound effect on the shave.

I highly recommend Gillette Silver Blue.

Congrats!! What blade did you use? Blade choice can have a profound effect on the shave.

I highly recommend Gillette Silver Blue.

I used the Astra SP's that are my usual DE blade.

I do have some other brands from a sample pack. I'll try some Silver Blues soon.

I used the Astra SP's that are my usual DE blade.

I do have some other brands from a sample pack. I'll try some Silver Blues soon.
I've used Astra SP with my Parker SR1. They will give you a great shave, but you 'd better be on your game because they aren't very forgiving. The most unforgiving blade for me in that razor is still the Derby Extras. I've just found that GSB's are just incredibly forgiving and still deliver just as good of a shave as any other blade. I get at least a half dozen shaves out of them.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

Don’t think SR or shavettes will become my normal shave but it’s nice to change things up every now and then
Keep doing it for a couple of months then rethink that statement. Nirvana awaits behind the curtain my friend. Pull the curtain.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

Congratulations. :thumbup:

Been dipping my toes in the AC Shavette waters, too. :)

Haven’t yet taken it for a second spin. Had a little bit of RAD lately and been trying a bunch of new razors.

I think I’ve purchased my last razor for a while (famous last words) and then I’m going to devote a week or two to shaving with the Parker to practice technique

Top Bottom