What's new

First Shaves Gillette Silver Blues

On a lark I thought I'd buy 60 silver blues since the price was right, I was unsure as I had never shaved with one. Man, am I happy that I took this risk. In my Merkur these shave so well, the blade was smooth on the first shave, I've shaved about 4 times with the same blade and each time it works well. This morning I noticed that the blade is beginning to dull but who cares? I'll replace it with a new one.

The Gillette Silver Blue is on my favorites list for blades. Thanks to all who mentioned this blade on the forum.

Cheers!:lol:

I've been pleased with the GSBs I've used. Just ordered another 25 ct from Amazon just for the heck of it. I'm currently doing a blind test with GSBs pitted against Feathers that should wrap up this week. It will be interesting to see which blade wins out.

GSB are my favorite blade too. Right combination of sharpness and smoothness for me. I do find they dont last as long as some others though. I can usually get 2-3 shaves out of a blade.

GSB are my favorite blade too. Right combination of sharpness and smoothness for me. I do find they dont last as long as some others though. I can usually get 2-3 shaves out of a blade.

I tried my first GSB the other night, and it was so smooth and comfortable. At first shave, I thought I'd found a winner but next shave was oh so different. It was a drastic difference, snagging and pulling. I wonder if the blade had somehow been damaged by my products or is it possible that these dull that quickly? I've got a few more so I'll give them a fair shake, but it really surprised me.

I tried my first GSB the other night, and it was so smooth and comfortable. At first shave, I thought I'd found a winner but next shave was oh so different. It was a drastic difference, snagging and pulling. I wonder if the blade had somehow been damaged by my products or is it possible that these dull that quickly? I've got a few more so I'll give them a fair shake, but it really surprised me.

This was my experience with them as well. The first shave was one of the best I've had, but the second not so much. I revisited another GSB a couple weeks later and if I remember correctly, got 3 decent shaves out of that blade before I switched it out. I'm actually thinking about giving them another go next week starting Monday.

I've been pleased with the GSBs I've used. Just ordered another 25 ct from Amazon just for the heck of it. I'm currently doing a blind test with GSBs pitted against Feathers that should wrap up this week. It will be interesting to see which blade wins out.

I'm curious to read of your findings. After using the GSBs for a couple of shaves I was thinking about how they would compare to Feathers.

I'm getting 5-6 shaves per edge, or 10-12 per blade, which is among the longer lasting blades I've tried. They stay smooth throughout their life. For comparison, I get 2 shaves per edge with Feathers.

Finally had an order show up today, few packs of these in with it all. Hopefully I get the comfort and week long endurance Nacet's give me.

I like those blades as well, but don't like the wax used to package them. Never interfered with my shave, just annoyed me, I guess. They seem to like my EJ89 best.

Well, only a couple shaves in thus far, but so far so good. I can't say that I see any real big difference between these and Nacet except a little more glue and a slightly higher price. I guess than that Nacet would be the better deal, being half the price, but the benefit to these GSB's is that they are easily found everywhere.

Top Bottom