What's new

First Shavemac Synthetic has landed in the USA!!

Ah, you bypassed the website and went straight to Bernd. Very resourceful.

I think I'll wait for smaller sizes (I prefer ~22mm) and some reviews.

I own two shavemac badgers. Very nice brushes and we'll made. Lately a second hand yaki barberpole acquired for $10 has kept them sitting on the shelf. I'm sure I'll get back to them, but synths offer the fun of trying different brushes and finding unique handles for cheap. I've got a synbad knot on order and am shopping Etsy for a handle. Lots of fun!

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Ah, you bypassed the website and went straight to Bernd. Very resourceful.

I think I'll wait for smaller sizes (I prefer ~22mm) and some reviews.

I like smaller in badger, but in the snths (I have tried many) the only one really impressive for me was the Chubby 2 ..

And I only used the website for the order, though I've dealt with Bernd previously .. at the price I'm tempted to go order another

Confirmed...It will not be possible to buy the synthetic knots only. They will only be sold mounted in Shavemac handles. Kind of a bummer

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The options are confusing to me in terms of loft. I dislike the chubby 2 size and face lather. So how would i decide what loft i want?

Shavemac has ebonite! Didn't know that until now. Beautiful stuff. And expensive! Wish you could buy just the handle. I don't see the synths anywhere on his Web page.

The synthetic configurator is not live, but the "hidden" version is easily found with a Google search.

As for recommendations as to knot size and loft, I would email Bernd with any questions. Few, if any, of us knows much about the nature of the Shavemac synthetic knots, and I doubt they behave the same as the silvertips

I'm anxious to see some reviews of the new Shavemac synthetic. I tried a Simpson Chubby synthetic a couple years ago and didnt care for it. Hopefully Shavemac will have a better option.

Of course I may never find out for myself. If ever I visit Shavemacs website again I would have a very difficult time ordering a brush that was not made with the classic Shavemac 2-band Silvertip knot. A know which is consistently one of the finest in all of Shavedom.

garyg

Ok, after shipment delays at Shavemac, due to illness, and the usual sloth from FedEx, I do have here a ShaveMac Synth ..

IMG_9259.JPG

garyg

Preliminary review ..

Ordering was easy, as was charging my visa ..

I asked for a pick of knots per their website, and was rapidly charged for the purchase. A couple days later, got a confirmation ..

A couple days after that, they said they'd ship, & that a tracking number would be forthcoming ..

A couple days later somebody was sick, so shipping was delayed ..

I'll post a review tomorrow

Top Bottom