What's new

First Shave

Just want to start with... I received a combo package from Lee's.

Merkur 38c
Vulfix 660

I used Proraso from Bath and Bodyworks...

I took my time. I was really nervous. But I had my best shave of my life. WOW. Couple of spots I missed and I am still trying to learn the whole lathering technique..

This morning did the same routine but with Tom's Mint cream and could not seem to get as good a shave.

Cream maybe?

Also, should I be replacing the blade every time? I was thinking about once a week.

Thanks

David Haas

Stick with the proraso only for the first couple weeks. Minimizing the variables by not switching products a bunch will help you to get a good read on your technique. Also, which blade are you using? That will make a HUGE difference in your experience.

+1 Pacman....keep your routine exactly the same for at least the first week to 10 days. Depending on the blade you're using you should get at least 3 shaves.

The blade was a Merkur. Not sure what the model was. I will check tonight.

I also got 2 packs of Derby's.

Since you are really just getting started, I would go my first 10 days with the Derbys. After that, you may find the merkurs are better suited for paint scraping! :tongue: (kidding...no offense to those who prefer Murkers)

Actually.. Come to think of it. It was the blade in the box from my Merkur 38c.

Was I supposed to throw that away? lol

You'll find there are quite a lot here who dont like Merkur blades, myself included.

Welcome to the forum.

Top Bottom