What's new

First shave

I had my first "real" shave tonight with the rooney 3/1 pure badger brush and tabac soap. It was probably the best shave I've had, no irratation whatsoever. I was also really happy with the brush as I've seen people saying that their brushes lose a lot of hairs and such when they first start out, but I only picked out one that I could see... The tabac soap was also really easy to use and make a lather from (at least I think i did a pretty decent job.)

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B and good work mate!

May I ask which razor and blades you're using?

I'm using my grandpa's Gillette slim adjustable which is still in excellent condition, set on 3 based on feedback from fellow members. The blade I'm using is just a generic one i found at Walgreens as I have a sampler pack from WCS but didn't want to throw too many variables in at once, making sure i could make a good lather first.

Looks good so far. I am a newbie also. Let me know how you like your soap.

As far as the tabac soap, I thought it was great. To me it smells like those fancy 5 star hotel soaps and it was also very easy to make a comfortable lather with following these instructions and also tips from mantic's videos.

Also I would highly recommend ordering from either WCS or VintageBlades as I found both of their customer service excellent with them even writing a small thank you note at the end of the receipt.

Top Bottom