What's new

First shave with the R41

The only place I feel perhaps too much blade is on my upper lip going ATG which is for me S-N there.

Having a mustache, the area between the bottom of the stach and my upper lip is the most difficult part of my face for me.

I would typically wait a couple of shaves with the Mach 3 before venturing here. If not, I usually received a nick or two. Bring that the objective of DE shaving is to use new sharp blades, this easily applies here.

This are is important for me, because if my blade is going south, then I perceive it first here.

I typically remove the blade from the R41 and toss it into a TTO, for this part, at the conclusion of the shave. The thinner head makes it easier to get under my nose anyway. Lately, I have been doing the gap space under my nose.

I know many think you need an extra 10 minutes to use the R41. In my experience if you do it's out of fear and lack of confidence in what you are doing. Once you can use it, you can use it as quickly as any other.

I shave with it, just like with the DE89 head. Can use it everyday, no problem.

For me, I didn't find it too aggressive but just so incredibly efficient.

This may have been my best shave ever.

I agree, for me too!

I think, with razor like a DE89, you have to effort to get a close shave (which is not always the best idea).

With the R41, the secret is not to try for a BBS shave. Just relax and shave naturally. It will come.

Last edited:
Having a mustache, the area between the bottom of the stach and my upper lip is the most difficult part of my face for me.

I would typically wait a couple of shaves with the Mach 3 before venturing here. If not, I usually received a nick or two. Bring that the objective of DE shaving is to use new sharp blades, this easily applies here.

This are is important for me, because if my blade is going south, then I perceive it first here.

I typically remove the blade from the R41 and toss it into a TTO, for this part, at the conclusion of the shave. The thinner head makes it easier to get under my nose anyway. Lately, I have been doing the gap space under my nose.

I shave with it, just like with the DE89 head. Can use it everyday, no problem.

I agree, for me too!

I think, with razor like a DE89, you have to effort to get a close shave (which is not always the best idea).

With the R41, the secret is not to try for a BBS shave. Just relax and shave naturally. It will come.

Well said

Top Bottom