What's new

First shave with the R41

For all the perceived peril, the R41 has a huge angle sweet spot (which is rare) so it suits a wide range of angle preferences. This in turn allows many to get a very efficient, low irritation shave.
+1 - I think this is one of the things I really like about it - it lets me use my preferred steep angle and works very efficiently.

R41 head en route. Assuming it works well with the weight and length of a DE89 handle?
Yes, Muhle and EJ designed *89 head as joined venture so it should fit altogether. Muhle switched to brass thread while EJ has zink one (as I've read)
I had R89 rosegold for 3y and bought just R41 head, fit without problems and weight is just enough, perfect balance. Fatip OC, which I adore is bit heavy overall and may appear aggresive but R41 I feel as just a gentle touch, no extra weight, and its ~70g is trully well distributed. Doubt that EJ handle should feel any different 🤔

alishock

I wrap my lips around a lovely pipe
It took me a long time to get to grips with the r41 but it really is brilliant. Loads of lather and watch the angle. I used my 34c for travel and still enjoy how effortlessly that thing glides. I remember when I was worried the 34c would cut me up. How naive I was.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Stop commenting. I don't want to buy a R41 because of this thread.. 😅 😅 😅
Enablers.jpg
20220221_201428.jpg

~doug~

Agree with you at both claims :) although I've just used 2013+ version (well, bought in 2022 and received today, so can't tell if it's same as 2013 update or there were more modifications). Don't know where did the hype came from, but as for first tryout I've had a totaly fine shave, no nicks, irritations, whatever. Was surprised how intuitive it is to find angle and TBH - seemed much more comfortable vs. Fatip OC. Lucky shot?

I reckon you got a good razor, and you must have a good idea on how to prepare. Funnily enough I got out my r41 out tonight by chance. You can def feel the blade but a nice lather and a bit of thought on the job rewards with an incredibly close and reasonably smooth shave

IMG-4942a.jpg

I reckon you got a good razor, and you must have a good idea on how to prepare. Funnily enough I got out my r41 out tonight by chance. You can def feel the blade but a nice lather and a bit of thought on the job rewards with an incredibly close and reasonably smooth shave

View attachment 1536189
Excellent looking handle there Stratman!

Guido

Ps: by the way - have to ask: SSS, HSH or HSS in your strats?

If I like the R41 head, I'll probably regret not spending a little more for the complete razor. That rose gold handle is the shiz.

Of course, one could return the head and repurchase the complete razor with the handle of choice. That would add $20-25ish for the rose or tortoise or classic nickel handles. Don't think I wouldn't do that to Amazon!

Top Bottom