What's new

First shave with the ATT G1 Gem type razor.

You've got to quit doing this to me! I've been trying to hold off on purchasing this head. I don't NEED it.
I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it..................

You know it's funny that very few of us on this forum need another razor. Before I got the G1 I had given up on GEM type razors completely. So when I saw the thread you started about the G1 that's what I thought, I don't need it, but I was so curious as to how it shaved I had to try it.
Well as it turns out it is an exceptional razor. I may end up selling all my other razors.

I think the grooves in the top cap help contribute to the smoothness. This is a well thought out design.

ATT G1_grooves.JPG

I have no idea what you are trying to say. You need to spell it out.
I love the G1. The head design is superior to all other GEM style razors IMO.

I used the blades you can get at CVS or Walgreens. Stainless steel. I hand stropped them 4 times on each side. It was a very smooth shave. The best shave I ever got from a Gem blade. This G1 shaves very close yet very smooth.

View attachment 988564

The blades you buy from CVS or Walgreens – are these the PTFE blades that have been highly recommended here on B & B? If not, have you tried the PTFE blade in the G1? I use, from time to time, a Gem razor and never considered anything other than the coated PTFE blades.

The blades you buy from CVS or Walgreens – are these the PTFE blades that have been highly recommended here on B & B? If not, have you tried the PTFE blade in the G1? I use, from time to time, a Gem razor and never considered anything other than the coated PTFE blades.

The ones in CVS or Walgreens are not PTFE coated. I have used the PTFE blades and I found if I don't strop them first they feel worst than the other blades. I find stropping the blade first is the key to a smooth shave.

I have a Sabre. Its one of my absolute favorite razors. The Picture was love at first sight :)

The Sabre is nice to look at also. I really love the head on the G1.
And for those of you that are interested, ATT will sell you that little hook if you need or want another one.

ATT G1_Speick.jpg

Top Bottom