What's new

First Shave With My New Merkur Mergress

Wow....This morning I put a Feather in my new Mergress and lathered up some Colonel Conk Lime. It was my first shave with all these new items. WTG then ATG some buffing and not a piece of stumble left. Put on some Trumpers Extract Lime and felt like a million bucks. I love my 67' Gillette Slim but this souped up Progress is like no other razor I have used.

Totally sweet. I ordered my Mergress the other day. I'm expecting it to arrive Monday or Tuesday. I'm looking forward to a similar experience as yours.

The Progress is an outstanding razor and it will always be part of my rotation. I have a custom black and white ebony knob from Cooncat Bob on my Progress.

Wow....This morning I put a Feather in my new Mergress and lathered up some Colonel Conk Lime. It was my first shave with all these new items. WTG then ATG some buffing and not a piece of stumble left. Put on some Trumpers Extract Lime and felt like a million bucks. I love my 67' Gillette Slim but this souped up Progress is like no other razor I have used.

Congratulation !!!

I recently purchased a Progress (new Long Handle variety) from Phil at BullGoose and it is a great tool, even without the custom knob. Over the long term, I will have to get a metal extension, but it doesn't affect the shave. Currently using an Astra K in it. Sweet.

It's a really nice shaver. I've heard a lot of criticism of the Progress, but whatever Eric does when he mods them seems to fix it up right.

I was surprised when I got mine. It was built a lot heavier than I expected. Between it and my NEWs with handles from Bob I don't feel the need for another DE... for now... like at this very moment...

Top Bottom