What's new

First shave with King C Gillette

A few weeks ago I wanted to buy a King C Gillette razor, so I drove down to Göteborg and I drove up to Uddevalla (I live in the middle of these two citys on the west coast of Sweden) and started looking for the razor.
In all the stores I went to they had the same problem, all the King C Gillette safety razors were stolen!!!
All the boxes were empty and the cashiers had to lock away the very few razorblades and the King C cartridge razors left in the stores.

Anyway, I had to fill up on my asthma medicine and I saw that one of our Swedish on-line pharmacies sold the King C for 20 Euros and free shipping.
This afternoon I had my King C safety razor and this evening I had my first shave with it.

The soap this evening was the wonderful Orange Empire from TGS and I whipped up a nice lather with my new Yaqi synthetic brush.
Post shave was TGS Orange Empire AS

I can agree when ppl say the handle is a bit slippery when you have wet and soapy hands, but a little rub on my fingers with my alunblock and the problem was solved ;)

The shave was good, not perfect but good.

First pass was very smooth and the King C blade cut the stubble with no problem at all, but it was not as close a shave as I am used to.

Second pass was a bit better, I did get a nice smooth XTG shave with not so much blade feel, but there where more stubble left than I am used to so this razor is really mild.

Third pass was also very smooth and comfortable but I needed more touch ups than usual to get a DFS.

I will use this King C razor for the next feww weeks and see if it perform better once I get used to it, and I will have to try other blades as well.
hi
i ordered mine from a month ago
after many uses i can ensure that its a very mild razor for me …
i tried many blades and same results
never get a BBS :)

i hv Lord d125 for $3 that is more aggressive and give nice BBS :)

now i m looking to order merkur progress or futur or parker variant .. still searching reviews ,,,
my rgds ..

Last edited:
Top Bottom