What's new

First shave with Gillette Toggle

I finally found a toggle for myself, and used it for the first time yesterday. It is actually my 4th toggle razor, but the previous three were simply too nice to use. I bought each one planning to keep it for myself, and managed to get each one for a decent price. Two were new, the third appeared unused, and rather than keep them, I sold them to collectors instead (for a tidy profit).

But last week I found one which looked new (it still had the original blades in a sealed pack), but no box or papers. It came in a Gillette leather case instead of the usual plastic box. I put in a Bleue Extra blade, set the dial to "5", lathered up, and went to work.

Right away I was impressed. I have been using a Aristocrat adjustable for the past few years, and on a occasion an Executive. The first difference was the balance, I can't say the toggle was better, but it was different. The most obvious difference was the sound. The toggle was louder than my Aristocrat, the sound of it dragging over my whiskers was more obvious.

In the end I got an BBS shave with no nicks. I was quite amazed get such a shave from a razor I had never used before. I definitely won't be selling this one.

So where are the photos?

I spent quite a bit on one fro eBay. I kept it for two years and sold it for a small profit. Mine didn't shave as well as my FB or Slim. I tend to rest my pinky on the end of the razor and it was awkward doing that with a Toggle.

Congrats!! I have one minty in the box to keep and one to shave with. The Toggle was the first on my wish list and is still my fav with a permanent spot on my sink. It never fails to give me a great shave. Smoothest of every Gillette I own. One handed load/eject can't be beat. <0

Pic plz.

Did you say "leather case" ?? You may have a very rare piece there. Let us know the date code and please post a picture. There were very few toggles that came in the leather case.

Finally a thread that praises the shave of a Toggle. The first shave with mine and every one since has been great. It sits on the counter in the bathroom and is used very regularly. I like every thing about it, and as I'm starting to get arthritis in my thumbs, it's a lot easier to load and unload a blade.

Did you say "leather case" ?? You may have a very rare piece there. Let us know the date code and please post a picture. There were very few toggles that came in the leather case.

Leather case... That didn't catch my eye but now that you mention it... Pics!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Does it have 9 positions or 5? Could be rare as "Rocking Horse Manure" to coin a good friend of mine.

So not sure this is my grail razor because I want to use one not just collect it. Anyone have one to part with that is in the user grade category??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shaved with one of my Toggles a few times and got a great smooth BBS shave out of it. It's at Caps right now for a cleaning and I'm gonna do something different with the finish on it that's fun like maybe a gun coating or some other combo but when it gets back it will go into my regular rotation as I really enjoyed shaving with it.
Leather case is intriguing could it be some promo Toggle or maybe a Chrome? Gillette has been known to use different cases.

So not sure this is my grail razor because I want to use one not just collect it. Anyone have one to part with that is in the user grade category??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had one I got from a seller in Singapore that I traded for a NPIB British Aristocrat OC. That one was definitely a user grade and it didn't cost me very much at all. They are out there.

Top Bottom