What's new

First shave with gillette nacet = irritation

Just another update. Been a few weeks since the shave that caused so much irritation and the shaves with the Gillette Nacet's have been so much better with my Slim set to 3 (did try one shave with it on 4, there was a little redness around my chin on this setting. It soon cleared up after witch hazel and Nivea ASB but have stuck with 3 since)

Just wanted to say once again a massive thank you to @Prof. Moriarty On Fri I tried the Personna's he sent and the shave was closer and far more comfortable than the Nacet's and any blades I tried before them. Second shave with the same blade today and once again absolutly no irritation. Even chanced a XTG pass today and such a nice irritation free shave. I've only tried XTG about 3 times since starting DE and each time has left me with a few ingrowns where (I guess as usual) my pressure/angle being off meant that a few too many layers of skin were taken off and healed over the folicles. But no such issue with the XTG pass today. Thank you so much kind sir, I think your genorisity has helped me find my go to blade

Glad it worked out for you! Nacets and myself do not get along very well so I tend to avoid them but when matched with a mild razor they do provide a nice shave.

Nacets are getting pretty sharp. I would put them up there in GSB Polsilver territory for sure. I would dial back at least a few numbers. JM

Nice post. I had a similar issue with the nacet blade in my fatboy on 6. With quite a bit of neck irritation. I normally use the Astra sp blade on setting 6 and it is close and smooth with little irritation.
Will try the FB on 4 or 3 With the nacet blade. Then see how it goes.

Last edited:
Nice post. I had a similar issue with the nacet blade in my fatboy on 6. With quite a bit of neck irritation. I normally use the Astra sp blade on setting 6 and it is close and smooth with little irritation.
Will try the FB on 4 or 3 With the nacet blade. Then see how it goes.

I am not at all surprised at your experience. There is a world of difference between an Astra SP and a Nacet. The Nacet is far sharper. it is not quite as sharp as a Feather, but it is in the same league. Thus, if you use a Fatboy on a setting of 6 with the Astra SP, try dialing your razor back to a 1 or 2 with the Nacet. Be sure you use minimal shave pressure.

GPPs (Brazil) are my favorite blade. I am not sure about the Russian version. They are extremely sharp and quite smooth. Nacets fall into that category as well. It sounds like you may have found the problem. An extremely sharp blade with an aggressive razor setting and a poor angle will bite you. Just a thought though, pay close attention to how your shaves go. If you have a nickle sensitivity, it could be that it is actually your razor, as that is with what it is plated.

I am not at all surprised at your experience. There is a world of difference between an Astra SP and a Nacet. The Nacet is far sharper. it is not quite as sharp as a Feather, but it is in the same league. Thus, if you use a Fatboy on a setting of 6 with the Astra SP, try dialing your razor back to a 1 or 2 with the Nacet. Be sure you use minimal shave pressure.
They are extremely sharp and quite smooth. Nacets fall into that category as well. It sounds like you may have found the problem. An extremely sharp blade with an aggressive razor setting and a poor angle will bite you. Just a thought though, pay close attention to how your shaves go. If you have a nickle sensitivity, it could be that it is actually your razor, as that is with what it is plated.

The neck irritation went down after a couple of hours. So will try it on lower setting.

The shave actually felt sharp and smooth on both my face and neck at the time. Just my neck looked red and irritated. This also happened when I used a feather blade. But I had no nicks with either of these blades so far, which is a positive.

Top Bottom