What's new

First shave with an Injector

I've had an Injector L type for a while now, but just recently bought some blades because they were on clearance for $3.50 at Rite-Aid. Aside from being a little mild, I thought that it was a freakin' sweet shave! :w00t: I was surprised because, while there is some talk of injectors on the boards, it pales in comparison to the attention DE's get. After just the first shave, I've been thinking about going back and buying several more packs of blades so that I have a good supply.

Injectors are pretty good, eh? I use the rite-aid blades in my Injector E and get really good shaves from it, I can get about 5-6 shaves from it. Enjoy your shaves with the injector. :thumbup1:

LinuxMintyFresh,

I've often wondered too why the classic single edge injector gets short shrift on forums such as these. Best guess is that it is because of the obaminations the manufacturers have perpetrated on the public in the form of multi-bladed cartridges that they can charge more for with each additional edge they add to the monstrosities. Plainly they suck as shaving implements. Same form factor which means guilt by association for the great classic injectors of old. Shame really. Big shame as a result too many eschew trying what was and is a great tool to shave with.

The injectors do result in a great shave- I just had my third injector shave today:

Schick Injector w/ bakelite handle
Ted Pella Inj Blade
LtL Suzie Cucumber Melon SS
Semogue 2000 Boar Brush
Alum block
SCS Mediterranean Citrus Splash

This shave was in a hurry, but turned out extremely well-those pellas are sharp. 2 passes and no need for a touchup. However, i could feel the burn when applying the a/s.

marty

The injectors do result in a great shave.
2 passes and no need for a touchup. However, i could feel the burn when applying the a/s.

Marty,

Those older Schick razors are quite aggressive. As we've discussed elsewhere you might benefit from a L,M,or N model Schick which are less so. They can give as close a shave but with less risk of removing extra dermis which is the usual cause for the burn you've experienced.

As an aside, if my understanding is correct, those Pella blades are exactly the same as the ASR Personnas available under a wide variety of rebranded names at stores most everywhere.

Today was my 1st injector shave. I to enjoyed it so much so that I may concentrate my attention on getting a few more. I used the Rite Aid blades also with my E type with bakelite handle. I found that it was a nice experience and sure that it will only get better.

I hate injectors. I love injectors. I hate injectors. I love injectors.

And so it goes....love the shave, hate the cartridgy feel.

Think I'll break one out tonight.

Top Bottom