What's new

First Shave with an Injector

Thanks to Asylumguido, I had my first injector shave today. He was kind enough to send me a type g from 1949, and a type L from the 60's/70's era. I really like the maneuverability of these. Much easier to get under my nose with than a Gillette. I did my normal 4pass shave, but was not completely satisfied with the results, so I cheated and did a quick touchup with a Merkur Open Comb. I am sure it was the fact that it was a new experience, and I have not adjusted my technique enough for the Schick yet. I will keep using it, and will then report back.

Oh, and I have to add, that Asylumguido is the best.

Although not my current favorite type of razor, the injector certainly has some things in it's favor. Those you mention, manuverability and getting close under the nose are two of the strong points. I also thought that they were very easy to learn to use without much in the way of scrapes or cuts, but maybe that was just my fortunate experience.

I did use injectors for a few years back in the late 1950's and/or early 1960's. I especially liked the ones with the "Hydro-Magic" feature which allows the head to be rinsed out much easier than on the ones without this feature.

The stainless steel Pal's were handsome razors and I had one of the adjustable models, but I really liked my rather homely Eversharp-Schick "type I2" Hydro-Magic the best of those that I tried.

If I could find injector blades that were on a par with the SE & DE blades I have used in current times, I would likely give my old Hydro-Magic another try.

Regards,
Tom

My very first razor was/is the Schick injector pictured here. I've had it for almost 35 years now. It sat in a box for years, but I dusted it off and started shaving with it again earlier this year. I've since fallen in love with the Gillette Slim adjustable, but this razor will always have a place in my heart.

Mike

Love the shave I get with an Injector. Fast, simple, forgiving.

However, if using a Gillette DE feels like biting in to a nice big solid hunk of real cheese, using an Injector feels like licking a Cheeto. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom