What's new

First shave with a Wizamet

Today I had my first shave with a Wizamet Super Iridium. So I took it out of the wax paper, and popped it into my Feather Popular. (I like to use the Popular for a first shave because it's so mild and forgiving and you never know what you're going to get with a new blade.) Here's the short review: Have mercy! I didn't know that you could have such a smooth shave! I've only been at this for about five months or so and I have a growing list of blades that I have tried. Of those that I have tried, the King C. Gillette was the gold standard. But I do believe that the Wizamet SI tops the KCG. I just came off of the highly recommended Gillette Silver Blue, but this Wizamet SI just told the GSB to go sit on the shelf. In summary, the Wizamet SI with the Feather Popular was the best shave that I have ever had. I'm looking forward to trying this blade with my other razors to see how it pairs with them.

Many thanks to @SgtCrppls for sending me some sample blades, including these Wizamets. Thank you, sir!

Today I had my first shave with a Wizamet Super Iridium. So I took it out of the wax paper, and popped it into my Feather Popular. (I like to use the Popular for a first shave because it's so mild and forgiving and you never know what you're going to get with a new blade.) Here's the short review: Have mercy! I didn't know that you could have such a smooth shave! I've only been at this for about five months or so and I have a growing list of blades that I have tried. Of those that I have tried, the King C. Gillette was the gold standard. But I do believe that the Wizamet SI tops the KCG. I just came off of the highly recommended Gillette Silver Blue, but this Wizamet SI just told the GSB to go sit on the shelf. In summary, the Wizamet SI with the Feather Popular was the best shave that I have ever had. I'm looking forward to trying this blade with my other razors to see how it pairs with them.

Many thanks to @SgtCrppls for sending me some sample blades, including these Wizamets. Thank you, sir!
You are very welcome, I am just helping another B&B’er like I have been helped by others on this forum. @mikhou

Doug

A Wizamet in my Feather is very nearly perfect. I wasn’t as happy with one in my Henson, but I’m going to try again in a week or so. I expect to wind up with a regular rotation of 3-4 razors, and ideally only a couple of blades, but we’ll see what happens.

A Wizamet in my Feather is very nearly perfect. I wasn’t as happy with one in my Henson, but I’m going to try again in a week or so. I expect to wind up with a regular rotation of 3-4 razors, and ideally only a couple of blades, but we’ll see what happens.
What Feather do you have? The Popular or the AS-D2?

I love Polsilver blades and when they became unavailable, everyone was talking up Wizamet as an almost exact replacement. I bought some and gave them a go. To me, they are not quite as good as the Polsilver, but are a fine blade nonetheless. As I've used them more, I've come to really like them. You could do much worse, that's for sure. Glad they are working well for you.

Nice blade choice! I find the Wizamet blades as sharp as the Feather but much smoother. I have thick beard and my face tends to like Polsilver, Wizamet, and Gillette Silver Blues equally. Since I don't count Polsilver as it is no longer made, the Wizamet Super Iridium and the GSB are my favorite blades at the moment. With the Gillette Perma-sharps and the Gillette Platinum my sencond favorites. You may want to try one of these too. I'll be trying the King C. Gillette blades myself.

Cheers,
FeatherBBS

I shaved with a fresh Wizamet this morning. Shaving the back of my head, against the grain with these blades is almost effortless.
4F3157BB-13B3-4C9A-8CA9-CFDA777BF0C6.jpeg

For me, Wizamet and Polsilver definitely give a smooth shave, but are an incredible waste of money. I'm currently evaluatring various carbon steel blades to emulate vintage blades in several vintage Gillette Razors. Currently Treet Classic, Treet Black Beauties and Treet Silvers give an incredibly smooth and close shave that money can't buy. The first pass from these blades in a Goodwill or Prewar Tech feel like there is no blade in the razor. That hard-to-shave area along my neck under my chin is smoother and easily BBS closer than any spendy blade.
I've relegated my Iridiums for exclusive use with several of my 3 piece Old Types. They handle this blade impressively and like few other blades can match.
Old Type New Handle R.jpg

SOTD APRIL 8
April 2023 GRUME
SV Saturday
Semogue Saturdays

Hello friends

This Saturday started strange by our standards. Cloudy, no sun...

After 3 days without shaving, I decided to be happy: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary, Perma Sharp (1), Semogue SOC Boar and Ach Brito Atlântico, which combined beautifully with the SV 70th, especially for its aquatic aromas. Green Cult 2.0 was stupendous.

To accompany I invited Johnny Hartman.

Have a nice weekend and great shaves.
Cheers!
🪒

D42D1B37-AFBC-42B1-8F69-C56E0D26FDC1.jpeg
ADBAF581-8FDD-42DD-B691-8FE4DBCC55E5.jpeg

Top Bottom