What's new

First shave with a Nacet....

I had received a tuck of Nacets in a sampler a ways back and thought nothing of them. I became intrigued by the comments here of their sharpness so I tried one this morning.
Well I found the comments to be true, they are damn sharp!
Now for me I find them to be like a PolSilver, GSB or Astra but sharper and not as smooth.
I only had two small weepers that I chalk up to inexperience with the blade.
The blade went through the stubble like a knife through butter and interested to see how many shaves I get out of a blade. Generally on Saturday I put the current blade in the bank and load a fresh blade so I get a full 7 days out of a blade. Some blades I find can go a couple days more.
Got a super close shave with no irritation just the two small weepers.
Face felt great after the shave, hard for me to describe it though.
Kind of like ridden hard and put away wet if you know what I mean.
Will use up the tuck then see how I consider them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Just ordered (quite) a few, based on what I read about them. I think I remember the logo -it's makes an impression- from when my father used to buy them. That would be 45 years ago. Might not be the same blade, I know. Still, curiosity got the better of me.

lovely blade...my tuck has the worst glue spots....they actually spill over on the the blades cutting edge.
trying to scrape it off with a toothpick or cotton bud makes it worse. I have a 100 pack that I haven't opened...heres hoping that isn't the case with them.

lovely blade...my tuck has the worst glue spots....they actually spill over on the the blades cutting edge.
trying to scrape it off with a toothpick or cotton bud makes it worse. I have a 100 pack that I haven't opened...heres hoping that isn't the case with them.
The blade I used this morning had two wax dots about the middle part of the blade and not on the edges.
Seemed fine to me

By the way I used a non agressive razor this morning - a Rockwell with #3 plate for the Nacet.

In all its Glory......
proxy.php

Gillette Nacet blades are among the sharpest blades available. However, they are not quite as smooth as some blades. Thus, I avoid them in aggressive razors with a lot of blade exposure and face feel, but love them in less aggressive razors.

I love blades in the "sharper than an Astra/GSB/Polsilver but not as fierce as a Feather" category. Two others you might wanna look at if you haven't already are SharpEdge (7 O'Clock Yellow) and Perma-Sharp Super. The yellow is smoother than a Nacet so you get all that extra sharp goodness but without the "ridden hard and put away wet" feeling. ymmv of course.

I love blades in the "sharper than an Astra/GSB/Polsilver but not as fierce as a Feather" category. Two others you might wanna look at if you haven't already are SharpEdge (7 O'Clock Yellow) and Perma-Sharp Super. The yellow is smoother than a Nacet so you get all that extra sharp goodness but without the "ridden hard and put away wet" feeling. ymmv of course.
Hey thanks, I may check those out as they seem promising.

Possibly my favorite blade! I find them smooth, and very sharp, and a great performer in any razor, especially the more aggressive ones.

I had received a tuck of Nacets in a sampler a ways back and thought nothing of them. I became intrigued by the comments here of their sharpness so I tried one this morning.
Well I found the comments to be true, they are damn sharp!
Now for me I find them to be like a PolSilver, GSB or Astra but sharper and not as smooth.
I only had two small weepers that I chalk up to inexperience with the blade.
The blade went through the stubble like a knife through butter and interested to see how many shaves I get out of a blade. Generally on Saturday I put the current blade in the bank and load a fresh blade so I get a full 7 days out of a blade. Some blades I find can go a couple days more.
Got a super close shave with no irritation just the two small weepers.
Face felt great after the shave, hard for me to describe it though.
Kind of like ridden hard and put away wet if you know what I mean.
Will use up the tuck then see how I consider them.

The first shave with Nacets always seem a little rough for me but after that, they are as smooth as the others.

Nacets are excellent blades for me. Great value for money.
500 blades Gillette NACET new STAINLESS double edge razor blade high quality | eBay

I bought them in bulk and their quality is very consistent unlike Astras.

Cheers,

Mawashi

They're made in the same factory to the same ISO specs. Just because a blade is not for you does not mean it's not made well. I would venture that far more shavers love the Astra SP than not and it is pretty much used as a "benchmark" blade for Western whiskers.

Same specs? Don't get me wrong, I'm quite willing to believe you, just wondering how you know. Judging from user rapports and measurements it would seem to me that there might be a difference. It would, on the other hand, make perfect sense to me if Gillette simply uses different wrappers for the same thing, to reduce production costs.

Nacet is a quality very sharp blade, that has good longevity along with a reasonable price. It is the only blade I can recommend as a Feather replacement. Nothing is as sharp as a Feather, but these things are pretty damn close. And they have a lot of qualities that Feather is lacking, so I find them a good alternative.

They're made in the same factory to the same ISO specs. Just because a blade is not for you does not mean it's not made well. I would venture that far more shavers love the Astra SP than not and it is pretty much used as a "benchmark" blade for Western whiskers.

I wouldn't quite put it as the "benchmark" for western whiskers as a blanket statement for all people in the west.

The fact is its not just me who has issues with Astras many here have voiced qc issues over them.

Iso standards just mean you attain a certain bench mark consistently it doesn't matter if you produce the most dull blade in the industry so long as all your processes are recorded accurately and you produce it consistently.

Same specs? Don't get me wrong, I'm quite willing to believe you, just wondering how you know. Judging from user rapports and measurements it would seem to me that there might be a difference. It would, on the other hand, make perfect sense to me if Gillette simply uses different wrappers for the same thing, to reduce production costs.

We can't be certain if Gillette would do such a think as different labeling for the same blade. So far it appears there are differences between blades of the 7 o'clock series.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

Top Bottom