What's new

First shave with a Nacet....

See bolded. 100% agree. I am in the camp of not liking Nacets, but getting great shaves from my SPs. My technique may not be perfect, but I have been doing this a good long while now, so it cannot be terrible (I would have bled to death otherwise . . . LOL).

For me, Astras are the baseline with which to compare other blades. I love Feathers in most of my razors, and am still trying to come to terms with Kais. The GSBs might actually replace the Astras as my "go-to" all-purpose blade one day. Still working through my first 100, so it's too soon to tell.

In the meantime, I have 7 O'clock greens to test, Polsilvers (finally) and Rapiras (x2). Still on the fence about Voshkods & Perma-Sharps.

Hi Bakker1964

I'm in the sharper the better camp so it I'm ok with a Nacet but it's good we all have differing tastes otherwise it could be a horror show for some if all there is available are Astras lol.

Happy shaves,

Mawashi

My experience is similar. My Polsilvers seem to be smoother. Nacets are closer to Feathers for me.

I am currently on shave #7 with a Nacet. I hope to get 10 - 11.

UPDATE: Finished shave 11 today. Will swap it out even though I could squeeze out a few more shaves. Smooth and sharp.

After reading all this Nacet love on B&B, I'm going to pull out a tuck and give it another go for a week or two. Last time I was trying out Nacets, it was hard to find the right level in my adjustables to get the Nacet to feel right.

I used the first Nacet of using in a long time, very tug free shave. I'll keep using it/ them and see what's what. Seem to be nice at cutting my tough beard.

Bought the Nacet blades from a local store yesterday. Amazing shave considering I've had three days of beard growth. It left my face so smooth that there was no need to shave today. Blade was used in an Edwin Jagger Chrome Knurled DE Razor. Prefer the Nacet over the Feathers as the latter made my skin slightly sore. I may even like the Nacet over the Gillette Swedish platinum blades.

Also picked up a box of Gillette Silver Blues.

Top Bottom