What's new

First shave with a Karve Christopher Bradley

Took an hour drive to Maggards Razors today. What an amazing store and really nice people.
I chose the Karve Christopher Bradley open comb with the F plate. Beautiful razor. Made my
first shave and it was as close as any other razor I've tried. You have to be careful because
it doesn't feel as aggressive as it is because it is soo smooth. I put on the new Pinaud Whiskey
Woods afterward and could feel the sting, It looks really good on my vintage stand.

IMG_3287.jpg

Took an hour drive to Maggards Razors today. What an amazing store and really nice people.
I chose the Karve Christopher Bradley open comb with the F plate. Beautiful razor. Made my
first shave and it was as close as any other razor I've tried. You have to be careful because
it doesn't feel as aggressive as it is because it is soo smooth. I put on the new Pinaud Whiskey
Woods afterward and could feel the sting, It looks really good on my vintage stand.

View attachment 1580190
That's wild. I just received my Karve CB Level F SB. I also use Whisky Woods. Looking forward to shaving tomorrow morning!!!! Enjoy!

View attachment 1580190
That’s a beautiful shot. I’m considering ordering one myself, but will probably go with the C plate.

I really like my CB but after using the B and C plates ordered the A plate for it. For me it gives a close shave with zero chance of weepers. Maggards is definitely worth the drive just to delight in all the shaving equipment he has on display.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I really like my CB but after using the B and C plates ordered the A plate for it. For me it gives a close shave with zero chance of weepers. Maggards is definitely worth the drive just to delight in all the shaving equipment he has on display.
Maggards is less than a few hours from me. I hope they have the swap/meet up this year. I think Guvna Gretchen has let up on folks in Michigan getting together in warmer months.

Absolutely no idea who Christopher Bradley is, but he makes a stunningly beautiful piece of sculpture disguised as a razor. Wow!
‘Christopher’ is Chris Kirchen, owner of Karve. ‘Bradley’ is a guy called Brad Melling, who found Chris’ machine shop and first gave him the idea of making razors (which didn’t happen at the time, but Brad got Chris into wet shaving anyway).

I recall well my first shave with my CB. It was my first razor of modern design and it cut the swirls off my face for the first time. Excellent razor. Enjoy!

I've been using the A plate almost exclusively on the Karve CB. It's mild, but very comfortable.

First shave this morning with the Christopher Bradley F plate. Smoothest most efficient shave to date. Really glad I picked this one up. With my Progress, it takes 3 passes and some buffing to get bbs. This razor was 2 pass with minor buffing. And no irritation.

First shave this morning with the Christopher Bradley F plate. Smoothest most efficient shave to date. Really glad I picked this one up. With my Progress, it takes 3 passes and some buffing to get bbs. This razor was 2 pass with minor buffing. And no irritation.
Open comb?

I have one on order (brass SB G) with the new Wagner handle. It will take several weeks to be delivered as the shop is closed until January 3 and then shipping which will take at least 10 days.

Top Bottom