What's new

First Shave with a GEM

For Injectors, you basically want yellow package Schick blades made in China, AKA "Chick" blades. They are excellent and widely available.

View attachment 1083166

For GEM style razors, you can buy Personna GEM coated blades. They cost around $25 for 100.

View attachment 1083167

Both kinds of blades will last longer than DE blades and - while this is subjective - they are also better overall IMO.
Thank you. I hope to acquire both types of razors shortly.

[mention]chuckd [/mention] So, day six into the GEM razors and they continue to impress. I am still on the first blade which has lasted six shaves with no appreciable change in performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can last a lot longer than that. ;)
Well, I usually get 14 shaves from a Schick Injector blade, so I am going for at least two weeks with the GEM. Do you recommend the GEM stainless, the Blue Star, or the Personna GEM 100 pack blades?

I have not used the Blue Star. Others are very good. In fact, I recently bought a 100 pack by Personna.

I can usually get three weeks from an Schick Injector blade.

Well, I usually get 14 shaves from a Schick Injector blade, so I am going for at least two weeks with the GEM. Do you recommend the GEM stainless, the Blue Star, or the Personna GEM 100 pack blades?

gem/personna 3 facet ss coated...... someone posted pic of them earlier in the thread.

I'm around 17 days in with them today.....and on my second blade. I honestly think they could be stretched out a little farther.

I'm not saying this to be a fanboy or blow smoke. last week around #9.......I shaved with the GBar and still got what to me was a really DFS. to me the gbar and featherweight are mild but can still hang in there!!!!

20200324_163211.jpg

camo

I have a GEM G-bar and Micromatic bullet tip/flying wing on the way. And while I was at it, I picked up a New long comb, and then I saw and picked up an Old Type. Sigh. I need to stop this.

Top Bottom