What's new

First shave with a Feather today.

No cuts, no weepers, no discomfort.

Maybe I was just being overly careful, but I had no cuts or irritation, and I got a nice close shave.

I'll see how they work over time.

No cuts, no weepers, no discomfort.

Maybe I was just being overly careful, but I had no cuts or irritation, and I got a nice close shave.

I'll see how they work over time.
Well done!! When I first started DE shaving, I held shaving with a Feather as a "rite of passage", you're shaving with a big boy blade!! I was very nervous, but the shave went fine; so smooth on the ATG pass. They've earned their reputation for being one of the sharper blades. And I still have very high regard for them!!

I also had about three days of growth and was extra careful, so that helped.

They honestly didn't feel all that different from the Med Prep's and Polsilver's I've been using though.

I liked them. :) I'm wanting to get my DE gear down to a minimal few items, but Feather's might be one of those few items.

Congratulations. When I got up the courage to try one for the first time, i found they didn't seem any less forgiving than an Astra. In fact I think if your technique is good enough, a sharper blade is actually safer, because you're not making as many repeated strokes over the same areas of your face and risking losing your patience and getting careless as much.

Feathers are great for those times when you've been too busy to shave for a week and have quite a tough stubble going on ... I find I get irritation if I use them too often, like every second day ... shaving in the shower with lot's of soap and hot water and steam is a great method to try ...

Nice job ! ----- so glad you did well with the Feather.
For me and my face ---- also had several "no nicks, cuts, or weepers," close, comfortable shaves with Feather ...
... but I find the Gillette Nacet to be just as sharp, but much smoother. Try a sample tuck and see what you think.

I started using Feathers a few weeks ago. Haven't cut myself or had any weepers. They are very sharp and smooth. If I can get more than 3 good shaves out of them they might become my new favorite.

Congratulations!
Feather was my 1st 100 blade purchase. Yes they are sharp! This is the one blade that almost everyone agrees is sharp! I get great shaves with them, but the ASP's, Rockwells, and PolSilvers also preform well for me too.

Top Bottom