What's new

First shave on a Feather....

Light the fire... I know this is heresy, but I'm not impressed! I'll be giving it a shave in the AM. If I get a similar shave tomorrow I won't come back to these for a while !

I used my Fat Boy at "5" same as usual, seemed like I made more passes than usual with only a DFS. Nice, but not spectacular. The search continues!

The "journey" is more fun than the destination...

Tom

You are not alone. They are not my favorites either, by quite a fair margin. Shaves #2, 3 and sometimes 4 are where they seem to give their best for me, though.

I really like the Feathers for the first - maybe second shave for me. After that I think the blade goes south very fast.
Feathers are not my go-to choice.

Day two on a Feather... not good. In reality though this is the equivalent of shaves #3, and #4 though as I shave my head too... I was able to get a good shave, but it took a LOT of work. I think I lathered up my face 7 times. After my standard WTG X2, XTG, and ATG, I followed up with a second ATG, a pass of J-hooks and then a pass of buffing. It felt like I was on fire when I applied the aftershave.. :)

I'll come back and try these again, but for now the search goes on!

YMMV!

Tom

I've used eight of the ten Feather New Hi-Stainless blades in the sampler pack I got a while ago. the feathers seem to last three shaves before they send me to carve-up city:scared:; the best shave is #2 for me with them.

Conversely, I'm on Astra Superior Platinums atm, and they seem to last two to three times longer than Feathers, and seem to give a more consistent result across the life-span of the blades.

This said, the Feathers on their second shave do give outstanding performance.

Can't have it all, I guess. Be nice if we could, though. *shrug*

While I'm on the topic, the sampler pack I'm using was from Connaught Shaving (click for link), one of their DE Sample Packs, their "Popular (60 blades)" pack, which I highly recommend if you want to try out different blades before settling on one you prefer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom