What's new

First Shave: disaster film of the lowest quality

I actually cut myself very badly the other day and ended up with a long scar across my chin about 1 inch to 1 1/2 long. It wasn’t a deep cut but the scar is very noticeable.
Hang in there…..Tomorrow is another opportunity and you are learning with every shave. Just go back and read all the words of wisdom and encouragement from your B&B brethren when you feel like giving up! I for sure have had my share of blood, sweat, and yes, some tears of frustration when looking back at my face in the mirror.😊👍💈

I actually cut myself very badly the other day and ended up with a long scar across my chin about 1 inch to 1 1/2 long. It wasn’t a deep cut but the scar is very noticeable.
start by doing only your cheeks for about two weeks…nothing more. Finish off with your DE. Wetter lather tends to work better for many SR shavers. Only use a portion of the blade; try using about half a blade length and shorter strokes. Trying to shave under the nose and chin area while learning technique is a recipe for razor burn and cuts. Baby steps, before running. Lastly, anything else than a great edge will cause problems for even an experienced shaver. Most razors are not sharp enough from the manufacture.

start by doing only your cheeks for about two weeks…nothing more. Finish off with your DE. Wetter lather tends to work better for many SR shavers. Only use a portion of the blade; try using about half a blade length and shorter strokes. Trying to shave under the nose and chin area while learning technique is a recipe for razor burn and cuts. Baby steps, before running. Lastly, anything else than a great edge will cause problems for even an experienced shaver. Most razors are not sharp enough from the manufacture.

Great advice. Too many new SR shavers are given advice to do too much at once. Your advice for cheeks only is spot on and enables the novice to work on technique and gain confidence.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
@Hawkeye_90 - How’s it going? Remember, short, light, strokes, no lateral blade movement, and take your time.

If you need honing, I’m glad to help out for return postage.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Chicks dig facial scars 😁.

Unfortunately, yours will probably not last.

Great advice Possum!😊👍

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Only if you have a really cool story to back them up. Shaving scars will not get you any free beers 🍻 or pull any phone numbers unless it’s somebody from these forums.
You just don't tell the whole truth. A story something like this can work well:

"A man made a derogatory remark about my sister. I took offence and suggested that he apologize. He pulled out a cutthroat razor. In the process of disarming him, he got a little too close to my face. Once I disarmed him, he apologized."

You just don't tell the whole truth. A story something like this can work well:

"A man made a derogatory remark about my sister. I took offence and suggested that he apologize. He pulled out a cutthroat razor. In the process of disarming him, he got a little too close to my face. Once I disarmed him, he apologized."
"It's an old dueling scar from my days at University in Europe. But I tired of those days. Everything is given to you when you have a title. I wanted to go out into the world and see if I could make it on my own, without the burden of my lineage."

"It's an old dueling scar from my days at University in Europe. But I tired of those days. Everything is given to you when you have a title. I wanted to go out into the world and see if I could make it on my own, without the burden of my lineage."
I read that in the voice of Jeremy Irons and it gave me chills. I suppose his character would only have been saying this mockingly, but still.

Top Bottom