What's new

First SE razor?

I was surprised at the shave I got with an injector. I like mild razors and have tried a sampling of vintage Gillette techs, super speeds, flares, fatboy, slim, super adjustable 109, Knack and an aristocrat. Of those I like the aristocrat and the slim the best. For new razors I have three Timeless razors (Ti .68SB, Bronze .38SB and an Aluminum) and two ATT's both with M1 base plates. In my collection are also three Krona's that I like. I recently obtained a Schick J2, a post 1972 L and an M1 and was quite impressed with the shave of the L and M with a "Chick" blade. Having said that I now have a G8 and M3 in the mail. I have an E and another G that I have not tried yet as I got those because I think one of those are what my Dad shaved with.

I was surprised at the shave I got with an injector. I like mild razors and have tried a sampling of vintage Gillette techs, super speeds, flares, fatboy, slim, super adjustable 109, Knack and an aristocrat. Of those I like the aristocrat and the slim the best. For new razors I have three Timeless razors (Ti .68SB, Bronze .38SB and an Aluminum) and two ATT's both with M1 base plates. In my collection are also three Krona's that I like. I recently obtained a Schick J2, a post 1972 L and an M1 and was quite impressed with the shave of the L and M with a "Chick" blade. Having said that I now have a G8 and M3 in the mail. I have an E and another G that I have not tried yet as I got those because I think one of those are what my Dad shaved with.

wow that’s great collection mate

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I can not stress enough how awesome the Featherweight is. I get a very impressive shaves with mine. I know it's usually low on many Shaver's lists, and it's a bargain basement low end razor, but I have a few dozen SE razors, and the Featherweight is my favorite SE.

I also have a large number of injector razors as well. And some of them shave wonderfully. But the shaving experience is too much like shaving with a cart for my tastes. So I only pick up an injector once in a rare while.

Regardless of what you ultimately decide on for you SE journey, pick yourself up a Featherweight at some point. And enjoy the shaves!

I have a 1914 Ever-Ready. Haven't used it for a while though (Calgary here). Not sure if you're still looking.

Attachments

• 12814478_10153378267197321_4179038628799815398_n.jpg
    12814478_10153378267197321_4179038628799815398_n.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 6
I started SE shaving with a Rolls Razor, they are affordable and fun to use. If you get yourself a spare blade you'll have no costs for the next 100 years.:biggrin:

Now I have a Mulcuto and two Henckels Rapide too.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sorry if this has been discussed ad nauseam, but I really didn't find any threads. If there are, please point to them.

Been shaving for years with a DE, but have been watching videos of guys shaving with SEs and I'm swayed. Interested in the OneBlade, Supply and RR Hawk. However there seems like some great vintage options too. Sigh.

Any recommendations? I do prefer a milder shave.
These are excellent SE milder razors that are on milder side. These are random photo's and enjoy them all! I take pictures of my razors for a quick library to source for these threads.
Gem Feather weight 1950-53 (2).jpg Gem Feather weight - Excellent daily driver
Gem flying wing 1947-50 model(2).jpg Gem Flying wing - excellent daily driver
Gem G-Bar 1953-58 (2).jpg Gem G bar - good daily driver
One blade 1 (2).jpg Oneblade Core - Excellent daily driver - I use a modified Gem Blade most of the time.
Schick i2 Mfg 1954-57 (2).jpg Schick injector i2 model with Hydro magic-good daily driver
Schick injector M3 adjustable razor MFG 1970-72 (2).jpg Schick adjustable injector ,well made - adjust to your shave needs-excellent daily driver.
Stick Schick L 1973(2).jpg Stick Schick injector L theme type- good daily driver.
Ever Ready  1914 LLC mfg 1914-17 (2).jpg Everready 1914 - good daily driver.
Hope not confuse your selection but there are a lot of milder SE razors that I have not even mentioned. This should get you in the ball park when a good deal comes along.
Have some great shaves!

Schick E-2 is the best. J is milder, shaves well. G is mild also but has the classic look of an E. It’s a good compromise of looks and milder shaving.

Top Bottom