What's new

First SE Injector shave with an E1(?)…thoughts.

Just keep your arm excessively high compared to what you are used to. ;)
You mean keep it shallow Aaron? Well being very shallow myself the Schick type E and me are a match made in heaven :letterk1:

Seriously, @Retroman1969, as the OP, would you have any objections if I requested a moderator to merge this thread with Tips Requested For Shaving With And Maintaining A Schick E Injector Razor - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/tips-requested-for-shaving-with-and-maintaining-a-schick-e-injector-razor.628482/ ?

It may help you, me and maybe other colleagues new to the vintage Schicks if we can concentrate on getting expert opinion from colleagues on how best to use these razors.

You mean keep it shallow Aaron?
Blade angle shallow yes, but the handle angle on these are different than DEs. What has happened to people in the past is they start shaving with it flat on their face and naturally lower their arm, to the position they are used to, causing the blade angle to increase and the blade to start scraping. Or potentially even dig in. The light weight makes it harder too because you don't want to let the razor do the work. I would suggest putting it on your face dry when you get it and pivot it up and down and see what that feels like and try to learn the correct handle angle before starting.

To make sure I am correct, I just grabbed my hydromagic. If I put it completely flat on my face(15 degrees), I can dry shave. If I tilt it even 15 degrees down to an angle like a DE, it pulls and scapes. And the E and G have more blade exposure.

Last edited:
Blade angle shallow yes, but the handle angle on these are different than DEs. What has happened to people in the past is they start shaving with it flat on their face and naturally lower their arm, to the position they are used to, causing the blade angle to increase and the blade to start scraping. Or potentially even dig in. The light weight makes it harder too because you don't want to let the razor do the work. I would suggest putting it on your face dry when you get it and pivot it up and down and see what that feels like and try to learn the correct handle angle before starting.
I'm already trying it Aaron, that Canadian set photo'ed above is my new baby.

The thing is, the guard on the Schick is very difficult to get a feeling of on the face, its so thin. The 1912 is a cinch because of that huge flat frame face, and so are the DE's.

This is a very different animal to the other shaving systems.

This is a very different animal to the other shaving systems.
That's the only reason I chimed in instead of waiting for the more experienced! :)

It's like learning to open blade shave with a half DE shavette first. In fact, other than the safety bar, it's exactly like that because it wants to twist at the slightest movement.

Top Bottom