What's new

First save with Murker Futur.and it was sweet!

I got my fathers day gift a day early and shaved with it for the first time today. The Futur is awesome! I have been using an EJ DE89 for my first 6 months of DE shaving. It has been ok but a bit too mild for me. The Futur is definitely a step up. Plowed through my 3 day old beard on the first setting. Only had one small nick. I was a bit worried because of all the talk about its aggressiveness but on the first setting i did fine. Also shaving under the nose was easy-some people say it is an issue for them. If anything i would say it shaves better under the nose than my EJ. Definitely recommended.

I was worried, too, when I read about the aggressiveness of the R41. The shave is in the hands of the owner. Congrats on the discovery good sir.

I also enjoy my Merkur Futur. The only issue I've had is that the blade must be properly seated before snapping the top cap on. I've cracked two blades from my lack of attention to this. Otherwise it's a fine razor.

With my Merkur Futur, dependent on how long I've put off shaving since my previous shave, I start on a setting of 3 for the first pass and subsequent passes on setting 1. Great shaves every time. No nicks or cuts. In fact I've never cut myself with this razor & I love the weighty feel. The weight alone provides enough oomph to plow through my beard so I never feel like I need additional pressure. Overall a great shaving tool. Looks good on the stand in my bathroom too.

Thanks all. I would agree I really like the weight of the razor. I have always had an issue applying too much pressure even when I am focusing on trying not to. I find the weight of the futur really helps me. It seemed easier to not put any pressure at all on it and let the weight move it.

I swap back and forth between my Futur and Vision, no worries, no complaints. Enjoy the ride! Best part? adjust the bar and voila! new razor with all the features you liked about the old one! (the rest is up to you and your sense of the shave)

Top Bottom