What's new

First restoration Heljestrand no 16

Hello Gents.
Here is my first attempt to a restoration.
It is a Heljestrand no 16. It was a bit rusty and the scales was cracked.
I removed the scales and polished it up gently, i then opted to make my own scales and do the pinning. It was quite difficult to find the right material, i opted for a frosted look with bullet pins. Here is the result:
Ok you can start bashing me now :)
My cat wanted get his whiskers fixed during the foto session. :)
Heljestrand no16 custom scales.jpg
Heljestrand no16 custom scales2.jpg
Heljestrand no16 custom scales3.jpg
Heljestrand no16 custom scales4.jpg
Heljestrand no16 custom scales5.jpg

Hello Gents.
Here is my first attempt to a restoration.
It is a Heljestrand no 16. It was a bit rusty and the scales was cracked.
I removed the scales and polished it up gently, i then opted to make my own scales and do the pinning. It was quite difficult to find the right material, i opted for a frosted look with bullet pins. Here is the result:
Ok you can start bashing me now :)
My cat wanted get his whiskers fixed during the foto session. :)
View attachment 952571 View attachment 952572 View attachment 952573 View attachment 952574 View attachment 952575

That has come out really nice seeing its your first one and you should be proud well done Sir!!!

As for the cat I will swap ya I have two, 6 month old labs that want to chew everything...

That has come out really nice seeing its your first one and you should be proud well done Sir!!!

As for the cat I will swap ya I have two, 6 month old labs that want to chew everything...
Thank you, it sure was the first attempt and more will follow.
As for the cat i have thrown quite a few charging cables that has been chewed. He have just stopped with that habit :)

Sorry I'm so late to the party! That restore turned out brilliantly, I'd be very proud of that set of scales! Do you have any before photos?

Where did you source your bullet washers? Your pining looks flawless, close ups would be nice?
Best wishes,
Matt

Sorry I'm so late to the party! That restore turned out brilliantly, I'd be very proud of that set of scales! Do you have any before photos?

Where did you source your bullet washers? Your pining looks flawless, close ups would be nice?
Best wishes,
Matt
Hi Matt.
Thank you for your kind comments. I have 2 photos from how it was before.
I will add closeups on the pins, i must say that it went alot smoother than i had anticipated, but all the instructions here and some videos helped eliminate mistakes. The bullet washers is from Ebay, a person called Austin from Lorton Virginia, USA. I don't know if it is allowed to post link to his ebay account. He was great dealing with.
Heljestrand no16 2.jpg
Heljestrand no16.jpg

Last edited:
And here comes some bad close ups, sorry for the bad pics, im not any photografer and it is from my mobile phone....
Heljestrand closeup1.JPG
Heljestrand closeup3.JPG
Heljestrand closeup4.JPG
Heljestrand closeup5.JPG
Heljestrand closeup6.JPG
Heljestrand closeup7.JPG

Attachments

• Heljestrand closeup8.JPG
    Heljestrand closeup8.JPG
    551.1 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom