What's new

First Reaction to TOBS Royal Forest Cream

^ No, the change happened when TOBS went parabens free (> 5 yrs ago).

(Creightons still makes T&H, Trumper and St. James of London.)

I tried TOBS Royal Forest when it was first released and loved the scent. I did not know anything about Aventus. I loved RF so much, I purchased a second tub of it. Then Stirling sent me a sample of Executive Man shaving soap. Stirling says it is an "ode to Aventus", which is a Creed men's cologne at $150 and ounce! At that point I realized my nose had expensive taste and I was "addicted" to the Pineapple Noir scent profile of Aventus. I then purchased the Executive Man bath bar, shampoo bar, and aftershave which all share the same scent. I also purchased Ethos Grooming Essentials Succes soft shaving soap, which is the best Aventus clone of the three. If you like the RF scent, the Ethos is a soft soap and has the best slickness, protection, and quality of the three I have tried. I have many TOBS creams, and after 15-18 months they all change to a soap consistency from a soft cream. When that happens...I just load my brush in the TOBS container as I would with any soap, and use a little more water on the brush. For me, the TOBS RF has the same consistency and performance of the other TOBS creams I have tried.

Top Bottom