What's new

First re-knotting project

I have a Razorock Barber Handle brush with a 24 mm synthetic knot. I really like the handle but don't care for the synthetic bristles so I am changing it to a standard 2-band badger from Maggard's.

I did watch a few videos on how to do this and some videos were certainly better than others. In any case, I have never done this before so wish me luck!

I'll let you know how it turns out and I might even include a picture or two. :)

I have a Razorock Barber Handle brush with a 24 mm synthetic knot. I really like the handle but don't care for the synthetic bristles so I am changing it to a standard 2-band badger from Maggard's.

I did watch a few videos on how to do this and some videos were certainly better than others. In any case, I have never done this before so wish me luck!

I'll let you know how it turns out and I might even include a picture or two. :)

Pictures are very nearly a requirement. Before and after preferably.
Good luck.

I have changed the knot - see pictures.

I removed the old knot via double boiling setup. This softened it up but I still needed to pick out some of the old knot. Not a big deal and easily done.

I put on the glue around the edge of the base of the knot and on the bottom as well. I now have to wait for it to cure for 24 hours before I can test it in water. I will let you know if the final water test is successful.

The brush photo with the dark band on top is the original, synthetic knot. The brush photo with the dark band at the bottom is the new, badger knot.

Attachments

• file1-2.jpg
    file1-2.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 16
  • file3.jpg
    file3.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 15
  • file4.jpg
    file4.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 15
  • file6.jpg
    file6.jpg
    458.6 KB · Views: 16
  • file7.jpg
    file7.jpg
    403.8 KB · Views: 17
I know this isn’t anything fancy but it is my first time reknottong a handle so I am pleased with the results so far.

Very nice work. If you like a handle it is worth putting a good knot in it.
Thank you.

I lathered up the brush this evening and it worked very well. Also, I like the badger bristles much better.

Top Bottom