What's new

First Presidential Election

Keeping in line with the Presidential theme, when was the first Presidential election you voted in, and (if you wish to tell) who did you vote for.

I'll start:

1980/Reagan

2000/ Geo. W. Bush

I did where a Dole/Kemp button around for the 96 election, but just wasn't quite old enough to vote.

Which brings to mind a memory of my Grandfather, a Russian immigrant that landed in the US in 1913. He was a lifelong Democrat and loved America dearly. When asked who he voted for he would always, quite seriously reply, "It's a secret ballot" and never tell us who he had chosen. Of course we always knew.:001_smile

2000 - voted for Gore...we all know what happened that year...
2004 - voted for Kerry...again, we all know what happened that year...
2008 - still too early to say...feeling a little dejected from past elections, but I'd consider it wrong to not vote*

*for those of you who don't vote for whatever reason, that's your choice and I respect it.

I vote in every election, and I've voted for Democrats and Republicans. I don't like either party. I discuss political ideas with my students, but I don't tell them how I vote. I think they should make up their own minds based on the available information. I feel there are much more important things than politics, and I don't waste time arguing about it.

Norm

1968 Nixon - Humphrey (Talk about choices!)

I campaigned for Goldwater in '64, but that was before the banking interests sold the 18 year majority to a willing congress.:sosp:

Top Bottom