What's new

First Pre-War Tech shave

Ok... If this tech is so mild, how did I get such an amazing smooth as butter shave? It felt like it was just gliding across the face. I never felt the blade. I thought a razor had to be aggressive to cut this close with no effort?
Im confused now with, mild, aggressive, or efficient.
In any case this pre-war tech is a great razor.

Mild doesn't mean inefficient. [emoji6]
I am amazed. I have to re-evaluate what I thought I knew. I "thought" a razor had to be on the aggressive side to shave like this. 2 passes and minimal cleanup and a BBS shave.
I never felt a thing. I was thinking during to first pass of the whole face how I wasn't feeling anything and was going to have to stop and grab another razor to do the job. Then after I finished the first pass over everything and felt... WOW was I amazed.
I have 4 razors now that I really enjoy. This Tech, Parker OC, Maggard, and believe it or not, my Microtouch (as seen on TV). That was my first razor that I still enjoy using. Oh, and a Parker 22c. :thumbup:
:blink:Crud... I think I may have a problem.:001_huh:
Then again... Maybe not, SWMBO also enjoys this great hobby, as does my 10 year old son who lathers up, in his own vintage Old Spice shaving mug, grabs his razor (without a blade) and goes to town.

I think it's kinda neat that what used to be a chore is now an interesting hobby. There are also lots of other razors to try, and collect have fun!

I am amazed. I have to re-evaluate what I thought I knew. I "thought" a razor had to be on the aggressive side to shave like this. 2 passes and minimal cleanup and a BBS shave.
I never felt a thing. I was thinking during to first pass of the whole face how I wasn't feeling anything and was going to have to stop and grab another razor to do the job. Then after I finished the first pass over everything and felt... WOW was I amazed.

This is very similar to my experience. I was using an expensive stainless steel razor, and although I was getting really nice shaves with it, the whole face feel and smoothness factor just wasn't cutting it for me. After about a week of this I just gave up and put the razor down after my first pass and admitted defeat - or so I thought because my prewar fat handled Tech was in the medicine cabinet with a GSB in it. I just grabbed it with zero expectations, and wow - just a smooth, lovely shave.

I have a few Techs now, including a British flat bottom, but that 1st one I ever used is still my favorite ;-)

Your tech experience is exactly why I always finish with a Tech ... first pass with an Adjustable or a Rocket or Superspeed, and always a nice Tech to end.

Just wondering as I've only used my Canadian Tech a couple times and haven't yet found the perfect complimentary blade for it. Great shaves from it, but I know they could be even better. I'll try the derby next go round!

I was using a derby. I think I am going to load a Gillette black next go around. Any suggestions?

I have 4 razors now that I really enjoy. This Tech, Parker OC, Maggard, and believe it or not, my Microtouch (as seen on TV). That was my first razor that I still enjoy using. Oh, and a Parker 22c. :thumbup:
:blink:Crud... I think I may have a problem.:001_huh:
Then again... Maybe not, SWMBO also enjoys this great hobby, as does my 10 year old son who lathers up, in his own vintage Old Spice shaving mug, grabs his razor (without a blade) and goes to town.
we have a future Badger?

The pre-war is the one with triangular holes and the fat handle, right? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on Ebay. Looks like they came in gold as well as silver (nickel). Correct?

Top Bottom