What's new

First post, what have I gotten myself into?

Alright I'm back. I've shaved twice now, using the Flare Tip and a Minora blade, with downright decent results for a first time. Not BBS by any means but I wasn't expecting it to be. The main thing is that I am not bleeding, in fact I escaped without so much as a scratch (which I attribute mostly to the sparseness of my whiskers, I don't have much to fight with), although I did have some discomfort on my neck after the first time. Improper angle-of-attack was likely to blame for that. 😄

All in all I'm quite pleased with the results, and now my older brother wants to borrow a razor and give it a try, so next time I visit I'll have to bring him some stuff. 😄

Anyway, here is the obligatory pic:
IMG_1029.JPG

Alright I'm back. I've shaved twice now, using the Flare Tip and a Minora blade, with downright decent results for a first time. Not BBS by any means but I wasn't expecting it to be. The main thing is that I am not bleeding, in fact I escaped without so much as a scratch (which I attribute mostly to the sparseness of my whiskers, I don't have much to fight with), although I did have some discomfort on my neck after the first time. Improper angle-of-attack was likely to blame for that. 😄

All in all I'm quite pleased with the results, and now my older brother wants to borrow a razor and give it a try, so next time I visit I'll have to bring him some stuff. 😄

Anyway, here is the obligatory pic:
View attachment 1823859
That sounds like a great shave! Great job there! Not bleeding is a major step forward. Just tweak some angles, direction and maybe less pressure and the neck irritation will be gone in no time. Cool that your brother is showing some interest. You can always bring him over to B&B and I am sure we can corrupt him as well. 😁

Just tweak some angles, direction and maybe less pressure and the neck irritation will be gone in no time.
Yeah the second time was better, no irritation at all. Still not very close but I'm fine with that for now.
Cool that your brother is showing some interest. You can always bring him over to B&B and I am sure we can corrupt him as well. 😁
Oh I definitely will! 😂

Yeah the second time was better, no irritation at all. Still not very close but I'm fine with that for now.

Oh I definitely will! 😂
Are you just doing a single pass right now? If so are you just doing an WTG pass. Once you get irritation free WTG passes you can always try at least a portion of the face (cheeks are good for this) a second XTG pass.

Vintage DEs are fun. But, I do think you're missing out if you don't get a vintage Schick injector. I have an adjustable Schick injector and it is a wonderful razor that out-performs vintage DEs for me.

Top Bottom