What's new

First Post, But I've Been Lurking!

Hello B&B, and thanks for all of the exceptional resources for newbie DE shavers! I'm sure there's other vaults of precious knowledge for other shaving demographics, but I'm not there yet :)

For years, I used cartridge razor heads from Dorco USA. I read they were the distributor for Dollar Shave Club when some of my friends were getting into that, and found I could get the same stuff for cheaper through Dorco.

I was down to my last two cartridges when I looked into replenishing my supply. They had stopped selling to the public about two years before.

I didn't know what to do yet, but I sure as heck wasn't going to break the bank on trash-tier razors again!

The next week, I was in a TJ Maxx or Ross or similar store, looking at clearance socks. In the back of the rack, behind all the socks, was a Van der Haagen DE shaving kit for ~$15. Head, handle, 5 blades, and a badger brush with a metal handle.

Sure, I'll try that!

In researching "How to Shave like your Grandpa" I came across this forum. It has been incredibly helpful for me! Take your time, change one thing at a time, buy a blade sample pack, pre-shave routine, etc.

This has been a blast so far! Shaving was just a thing I did, because I don't like the way my neck hair looks or feels. Now it's a pampering ritual.

I am patiently awaiting the arrival of a new razor (Mamba 70, thanks for the S&D heads up!) and my first boar bristle brush (Zenith B33). Based on what I've read, I am aware that these will be my final pieces of gear, and I will never seek out another brush or razor again. ;)

Congratulations on jumping in head first! It sounds like you are already on your way. Don't be afraid to ask people anything. But don't be deterred if they get temperamental because you didn't do a thorough search first.:wink2:
Welcome to B&B!

I am 100% certain that I will not honor that last statement, but that's part of the fun :D

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
You've already figured it out.

proxy.php

Run while you still can.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Welcome! I am relatively new here myself. This is a terrific site with really good people. Like you,I have learned a lot already. A word of warning: RAD is real.

Welcome! Great first post, you have arrived in style! Of course, your style will be a unique combo of the elements that work for you. I hope you continue to share it here.

proxy.php

When the government actually tells the truth about alien disclosure but turns out that they were demons all along thus commencing the 7 year tribulation

Top Bottom