What's new

First post and ramblings

2BA62102-BED6-4B0C-A160-1FF56842B1A9.jpeg

I heard that you like pictures. Here is my small and modest collection. Now that that’s out of the way...

Is lurker still a term used? Ah, well. Time to introduce myself.

I’m a shaver from a town south of Kansas City. I was just in Diebels yesterday and besides Col Conk and Edwin Jagger there was a set by Kansas City Shave company. But it’s sold in a set with a razor, brush, and stand.

Now that my acquisition syndrome has calmed down I can breathe again.

I have two razors that should last me forever since I baby them. Over 500 blades because I’m went a bit crazy. But I’m set for a few years, at least. I don’t really feel the need to add more.

I also have a few shaving soaps. Ive been trying new things to get the lather I want.

These past couple of months of learning has been a blast and B&B has been a great friendly community with a lot of information to read through. Thank god for the search bar.

I have two Symogue boar brushes I’m trying to break in at the moment.

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

I tried the Captains Choice bay rum cream tonight. Delicious. I love that the scent hangs out a while afterwards.

I didn’t get that with Stirling. Maybe it was user error or my nose wasn’t working right on those days. Who knows...

Welcome! After seeing your current setup, I look forward to learning from you. But I do think you need a few more blades.

What I do is keep all of my thoughts in the Notebooks app.

I created a shaving book and a note in the book for all my blades. I can put in all my thoughts into those. I’m running all my blades through the 34c first. Then I will find the settings I like on the Futur.

I can come back to it after I’m better at creating a lather I like and have my form and angles down.

Might be more extensive than some people, but if I don’t write it down I will forget. It makes it even more fun for me. Like a shave journal.

Welcome to B&B. You have many soaps there to get through.

That’s true. But the Stirling line isn’t working for me. All three of them. The scent just isn’t there unless I hold it up to my nose. It might be minor to some but it brings the experience down for me. I can’t bring myself to throw them away; but I can say that they won’t get very much use in the near future.

Is that a shavette I see lurking in the background?

It is! But I’m still a little afraid of it. The Murker’s are a much better option for me at this point. Maybe one day I will learn how to use it. But it does look cool so I leave it out.

Top Bottom