What's new

First post and first PIF!

Hi from beautiful Washington DC! It's cherry blossom season so bring your lady and visit.

So, I found wet shaving and badger and blade from reading the Art of Manliness and have been lurking ever since. Supposedly there's a type of girl who likes to stand in the bathroom doorway to lovingly watch her man lather up and shave so I'm hoping to meet one of those. I also discovered Mantic's youtube channel and it has been a gold mine of howto videos. Lots of great advice and opinions on lots of stuff. I definitely think I benefited from learning how to build lather and prep my beard before I got my double edge razor. So far I have one edwin jagger razor, one art of shaving "genuine" badger brush (not even "pure"!), and a blade sampler pack. My acquisition disorder has been mostly in soaps and creams so far.

Anyway, when I decided to jump in, the advice seemed to be that getting a badger brush was the most important piece. So I noticed an art of shaving store at union station and walked in and looked at what they had and didn't get discouraged from sticker shock. The salesman tried to sell me all kinds of crap like the weighted Mach 3 handles but I stuck with the carry on kit that includes the brush, shave oil, cream, and aftershave lotion, and I got a cheap plastic stand for the brush to dry. It's this unscented kit if the link works http://www.theartofshaving.com/Carr...t=10&cgid=kits-and-gifts&navid=kits-and-gifts

I got the kit mainly for the brush and a cream that lathered. I've since acquired lots more products like kiss my face, conk soaps, Irisch Moos, witch hazel, and got my family to bring me back several Indian creams when they went over there. Also have cans of Aveeno and Nivea from before. So I don't think I'm going to finish this AOS kit. There's a few shaves left in there for someone who just wants to try it so.....PIF!

I'm offering: oil, cream, aftershave lotion, and the plastic bag it all came in. Closed!

Rules: are new to wet shaving or have never tried these AOS products. Live in CONUS because the shipping costs would not be worth it otherwise. Post here if you're in. I'll pick the winner from random.org in a few days.

Thanks for having such a great community! Not enough PIFing in this world. :batman:

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B! I'm a newbie so I would like to participate. I've heard good things about AoS but haven't tried it. Thanks for your generous PIF! Even if I'm not selected, someone will have the time of his life!

Welcome to B&B. If you thought AOS was expensive wait until you get wrapped up in the B/S/T. Great PIF and don't count me in.

Will

Welcome to B&B.

What a way to introduce yourself.

I think you are going to be a valuable addition to B&B

Welcome to B&B. Please DON'T INCLUDE ME. It is a great post and I while I am new too B&B I have had a Very Bad Case of AD. I got Acquisition Disorder for everything but Brushes. Well, I haven't the time to look at those yet ... other than I would like a couple more Badger Brushes, a Badger/Horse Hair combo, a Boar/Horse Hair combo, a Pure Horse Hair and another couple more Boar Brushes.

But, a Great Post and PIF.

Man, I really like Union Station. I'll have to get back there again sometime. Glad you're doing the PIF. Uneeded by me, so I hope it goes to a good home.

Man, I better close this PIF before the big contest steals my thunder. What a gloriously PIFy time to join this forum! Damn!

The winner of the AoS kit is sethleupagus! Congrats! PM me your address and I'll send it out.

Thank you all for welcoming me here!

Top Bottom