What's new

First Pickup Recs?

Hello B&B!

I have a nice $75 PayPal gift card to couple with $5 off at FragranceNet.com so I'm looking to pick up my first designer frag. I simply don't have the budget to build out a collection so this will be my only "higher end" bottle for the foreseeable future.

YSL L'Homme was where I was thinking about starting, but wanted to see if anyone else had some recommendations on where to start! I'm looking for a well-rounded scent that can be used for both work and date night and year-round around that $75 or lower price point.

Thanks!

It's hard to blind buy a fragrance. I'd visit a mall and do some sampling. If ADP interests you, I picked up a 5 bottle sampler of ADP at Sax for $75. From that I found 2 ADPs I want to buy and 3 I don't.

It's hard to blind buy a fragrance. I'd visit a mall and do some sampling. If ADP interests you, I picked up a 5 bottle sampler of ADP at Sax for $75. From that I found 2 ADPs I want to buy and 3 I don't.
Definitely plan to visit the local dept store & Sephora to do some sampling before purchasing - don't want to blind buy a dud!

ADG Profumo is one that I like. My favorite thing about it is the fact that it works in all seasons. It is also a compliment getter. A safe bet if you are getting one bottle. Test it out when you hit the store and see if you like it.

Find and buy Riviera from English Laundry for $13 to scratch that YSL itch. Then get the AdG Profumo as recommended above. Smashing, versatile fragrance. Unfortunately you just missed a 50% off online sale at Macy’s.

Actually, Montblanc Legend Eau de Parfum might be just what the doctor ordered. Try it at Macy’s or Sephora and then buy at a discounter if you need to save some $.

Maybe also look at Missoni? Easy dumb grab that reminds of Bleu de Chanel, various Versace’s etc. Well blended and punches above its weight.

Top Bottom